Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nurgets

that's what Mason ate for dinner tonight. Chicken Nurgets as he called it. Have you ever tried to look for gluten free, corn free, soy free chicken nuggets? Well don't because they're impossible to find. I tried looking 14 months ago when we started this diet for him, and it was a fail. So he just eats a lot of baked and grilled chicken instead. I could dip chicken in egg and potato flour and bake the chicken that way, HOWEVER we're supposed to stay away from eggs until 3 because of his other allergies. can you see where I'm going with this?

So anyway, I got in my head tonight that I wanted Hooters boneless wings for dinner (minus spending the $20 on dinner) and I just so happened to be watching Food Network today and Sandra Lee made this: Buffalo Poppers
Don't bother making them because they were not that great. too spicy and too tangy, not much flavor. I was disappointed. I'll attempt my own recipe next time. Or just pay $20 for a hooters dinner.
ANYWAY, since i had the chicken out when i was fixing our dinner, I was contemplating what Mason could have. If we can't all have the same food, then I try and make something similar for him. SO i got out the rice chex, finely crumbled the cereal, mixed in a little salt & pepper, garlic powder and paprika and threw the cubed chicken in the 'bread crumbs'- I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes & they came out PERFECT! Mason ate a TON and even waited another 20 minutes for the rest to bake and ate all those too! SCORE!
GO MOM! GO MOM! GO MOM! ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY. (not really.)
Have to say, Mason & I both thought I was pretty awesome tonight! then Again......he also decided to dip his watermelon into sour cream AND ketchup tonight. (ew.)

No comments: