Thursday, September 9, 2010

Going backwards

I've been so out of blogging the past 6 weeks. You could say we've been hibernating when the temps were 105*+ outside for the month if August. So what did we do? LOTS of indoor activities. I did lots of reading. How much you ask? Well I haven't picked up a book in 2 years, however in the past 6 weeks I've read 12 books. Yes 12 books. I got sucked into the Charlaine Harris vampire books. good quick reads. I am also attempting Eat Pray Love for the 2nd time .... I am getting bored with it again so that might be a fail.
Just as the temps drop out of the "screw Texas summers I'm moving the hell outta here" heat & down into the 90's (much more pleasant!) we got hit by TS Hermine yesterday. It was quite exciting.
Meet Hermine.


Hermine didn't bother me much. I only had to get out once because my niece's preschool was flooding. But that was okay because I got to wear these.


Until I found that 4/5 roads to my niece's school was closed due to flooding. It took me 35 minutes instead of 6 minutes to pick her up. Can't tell you how many cars I spotted that were stuck in flash floods. All I can say is people who think they can take on deep water with their car should not be driving... They have a reserved spot on the short bus.


More driving. More roads closed.


Bear creek turned mighty Mississippi. Promise no more paparazzi pix while driving.



Oh yes & our pool overflowed. House is fine... Garden, not so sure. Don't think my organic garden is organic anymore after chlorine water running thru it. :( hoping the amounts of rainwater seriously diluted it. We'll see soon I guess.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: