We just got back from So. Cal tonight. We had a whirlwind of a trip, and it was way too quick! We headed out Friday evening and came home today (way too short!) I'm originally from California (Orange County) so all my cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandpa and the Davis' all still live there. We head out there usually once or twice a year, but normally every summer we make a trek out there. And every year that we go, it seems to get harder and harder for me to come home! LOL Don't get me wrong, I love Texas, but I think California is calling me...who knows I may have a mid life crisis and up and move out there! ha! That..or just win the lottery and have a vacation home there...that would probably be best!
We (Gavin, Mason, Me, My sister Amy, Chris & Rilee, Josh & My dad) flew in Friday night and got the babies settled in and had dinner and headed to bed early. Saturday I got up early, so Dad, Mason & I went for a nice long walk around Brea (where our hotel was) while Mason had a nice morning nap, then got cleaned up and headed over to my grandpa's house and hung out there for a while and had one of our favorite restaurants for lunch (really a hole in the wall) Imperial Burger and then headed over to Cathy's house. (back story- Heather & Cathy Davis -now Carlopio & Zepeda---have been life long friends of mine, our parents have been best friends since before we were born! so the 4 of us girls have known each other since we were born, so we're pretty much family!) Spending time with Heather & Cathy is not an option while we're in CA, usually we spend all spare moments with them and their ever expanding families! Its crazy to see each of them as amazing Moms now and I still remember playing dress up and making trouble. Heather has Alina (who's 8) and Heather is also pregnant with twins (Vincent & Bella) and on bedrest (poor thing!) and she's due in October. Cathy, who's closest to my age (actually she was born the DAY before Gavin!) has McKenna (who's 3 1/2) and Madison (Maddie who's almost 11 months) Gavin, Mason & I hung out with Cathy, Roman and their girls all afternoon, chatted, shopped, played with the babies and had IN n Out Burger for dinner (outside in their beautiful yard in beautiful 70 degree weather!!!)- then the guys went to see a movie and Cathy & I just hung out with the babies and caught up.
Sunday Mason, Me, Amy, Chris & Rilee went to the Orange County Swapmeet with Cathy and Granma Candy (cathy's mom- my mom's best friend) and had a great time! We could have stayed WAY longer, but we had family plans, so we power shopped and left early. I wish I had gone to the swapmeet while i was preggo, i could have decorated Mason's WHOLE room in one visit there! (I found TONS Of woody & surfboard stuff!!) That afternoon we headed to my cousins house to celebrate Father's Day with my cousins, Aunt & my grandpa and it was nice catching up with everyone. Cant believe how BIG all my 2nd cousins are now...makes me feel (and probably LOOK) old now! After a nice nap, we met up with the Davis' for dinner and then all of us girls headed to the hot tub with the babies while the guys went & played pool for a bit before calling it a night.
Monday- Amy, Chris, Rilee, Josh, Gavin, Mason & I all headed to the beach (Hunington Beach) after breakfast for a couple of hours. The water was too cold to swim (to me at least!) but it felt so good just laying out with the nice cool breeze. We took it easy for the afternoon since the weekend had been non stop, and hung out at Grandpa's for a while. Actually we laid out in the grass in his yard (which seriously looks like golf course grass and has for as long as I could remember!) it was just so nice outside, so Gavin, Mason & I just laid out in the grass and goofed around. I'm sure the neighbors thought we were crazy! ha! Then we headed to Heather & Frank's House for dinner to celebrate his birthday and visit with Heather since she's on bedrest and then headed back to pack things up before leaving today.
Way too fast of a trip! I love going to CA but we never stay long enough. I never get to see Cathy long enough (or the family either!) never get to shop enough, see the beach enough, get my fill of gorgous flowers (I cant get over how everyone has beautiful yards there!) or even Trader Joe's! (Never had my chance to go this time! waaa!) I'm ready for another trip already!!!!
Unfortunately I dont have any pictures to post yet...I'm still waiting on Gavin, Amy & Josh to upload their pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment