Friday, July 13, 2007

Bittersweet Week..

Its been a LONG week for Mason & Me. After Jimmy's passing last week, I had a huge weekend with work and right after we hopped a flight back out to LA with Amy & Rilee Sunday night and came home Tuesday Night.
I must say, Amy and I were rather amusing traveling without the husbands and with just the babies. Actually, I think its more me than Amy. I'm pretty funny looking while trying to juggle Mason asleep in a carseat while juggling suitcases and carry ons (and i dont over pack either!) there were several times where I think I almost made Amy wet her pants. At least I'm a good multitasker, right? lol
Our whirlwind of a trip was an exhausting trip, I think maybe even more emotionally exhausting than physically draining, even though the traveling was brutal. I'm glad we were able to make it out to the funeral to pay our respects to Jimmy and be there for the Davis'. Being there at the funeral brought back so many memories from when we were kids with Heather, Cathy & Jimmy, and SO many of my favorite childhood memories include them, so its still hard for me to process that Jimmy is gone. I need to focus on how he isn't gone, he's in a better place and he's with my mom! During the funeral there was a photo montage and there was a picture from way back when (i was probably 5 or 6) we went to the Children's Museum in LA with the Davis' and Candy took a picture of just Jimmy and my Mom- and that picture popped up in the montage and it just brought back SO many emotions of missing my mom with the surprise of seeing her up there. Oddly, for some reason I was thinking of what comforting words she would say to Candy and the girls if she were here, but the only thing I can think of that's even more comforting is that she got to welcome him into Heaven. The funeral itself was a bittersweet service, saying our goodbyes to him but also remembering the Jimmy I knew so well. The service was so nice and how they remembered him and honored Jimmy, it was so personal, and so many of the things that were said during the service and eulogy have been running thru my head all week. I wish there were something I could do for the family. They are such good friends and I hate to see what they're going thru and see the pain in their eyes. I loved seeing Cathy and her sweet babies and Heather's growing belly- but under such circumstances just wasnt fair. I've been saying prayers for them everyday that time eases their pain and hurt.
After returning back home, I had wednesday to recooperate and adjust back to the norm while catching up on work, so not much for recooperating! LOL So I'm looking forward to SUNDAY!
On the upside for the week Mason is SO close to crawling- it has to be any day now. He crawls around in a circle SO good and can crawl backwards, but he just hasnt figured out how to go forward yet. When he sits up he scrambles forward and rocks back and forth on his knees like he's about to take off, but sometimes he'll just get distracted and end up playing with the dogs or he'll just end up on his stomach and act like he's swimming. He's also been pulling himself up to sitting position, he's been doing his baby crunches like crazy! Mason has decided that he doesnt like baby food anymore, so I'm trying to get creative and find some new things he can eat without choking on. So far his favorite is Kiwi, Sweet Potatoes and Avocado. I also started him on Baby Yogurt this week and he gobbles it right up! He still loves his Farley Rusks and Zweiback Toast, i just wish it just wasn't so messy! So he's been busy this week growing like a weed and moving around like crazy! His new favorite thing to do is chase Molly while in his walker! its pretty funny because Molly jumps backwards and he thinks its hilarious! I'll have to see if I can get it on video.
Here's a few photos to hold you over....the only photos I took while in CA (Rilee & Mason chillin' on the bed while we got ready)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Look at that Morning hair!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Look at those faces!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Uh oh! Poor Rilee! LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Look at THOSE TEETH!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Sara Scott said...

awww look at those teeth.. man hes changing!

Anonymous said...

He has your eyebrows, girl! :)

I'm glad that you got to spend some time and be there for your friends...God bless them. And I love your comment about your Mom welcoming Jimmy into Heaven. Very sweet...and true! :)