4th of July is supposed to be a relaxed and happy day. I enjoyed the day with Gavin's family and cousins that were in town, but before all that, I recieved some horrible news. Jimmy Davis passed away today. I've known Jimmy since he was born. He would be 25 years old in September. Our parents are best friends, His older sisters are some of my closest friends, the Davis' have always been our family. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a sibling at such a young age. I cannot imagine losing such a close friend, a brother. I cannot imagine losing your only son. It doesnt seem real. I just saw him 2 weeks ago in California and he was doing great. This was the worst possible news that could have come, and to the wrong family. My heart aches for my friends, and no words can be expressed how sorry I am for them.
I'll always remember Jimmy being that red haired freckle faced kid that I got married to at the age of 6 years old. He's the one that was always ganged up on by Amy, Me, Heather & Cathy (poor kid.) I remember trampling all over Candy & Terry's property with Jimmy and getting into trouble for harassing the animals (chickens, goats, doves, ducks...), I remember driving to the beach in Candy's VW bus and eating balogna sandwiches (with mustard) at Hunington Beach. I have such fond memories of him from when we were kids. I just can't believe he's GONE.
PLEASE keep his family in your prayers that they find comfort and peace through such a hard time.
We will miss you Jimmy.

1 comment:
Thank you April. Your thoughts mean alot. I wanted to write something on my own blog but I can't do it yet. I appreciate yours :)
Post a Comment