Once we got to Gruene, we had an amazing trip. I'd have to say it was our best trip yet. We rented an adorable house that was so accomodating and worked out really well for us. There were 9 of us that went, all veterans but my friend Erin joined us this year. Gavin, Me, my brother Josh, David (Gavin's best friend) and his wife- my good friend Jes, Kevin (David's Cousin), my friend Analisa & her brother Ian and our friend Erin as well. We had a great group of people go, and overall it was just a great trip period! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much! We drove down on Friday, walked down to the river and wandered around, stopped by to see my Uncle Ronnie who lived really close by, went to San Marcos to shop, had Rudy's BBQ for dinner, picked up our groceries and headed back to the house for some drinking and games! We played "Apples to Apples", stayed up too late, and had SO much fun! The next day we took our time getting up and lounged around before heading out to the river. Since the Guadalupe was closed, we floated the Comal which is a much smaller river (only 3 miles long!) its a spring fed river and it was PACKED since the Guadalupe was closed. We only floated it once since it was so packed, we would have really enjoyed going once more down the river, but it was just too congested, so we headed back. We hung out by the Guadalupe for a while and watched the White Water Rafters (thats how high the water was!) We waded around in the river and hung out, even swam a little bit before we headed home for the day. Last night we decided we were too pooped to go out anywhere so we all ordered pizza and played "loaded questions" finished off our beer stash (or tried to at least!) and again stayed up too late!
We headed home today- I think we would have liked to stay one more night we had so much fun!
I gave myself a photography project while we were there- I have been wanting some 'Rustic Texas' photos to hang in our bedroom and I had the absolute perfect setting! Gruene is such a cute town, very rustic and vintage- it looks like its just caught in time, so I had a great time shooting! Everytime I visit Gruene I have a moment or an experience that just takes me back in time, it's hard to explain, but but it's something that just truely amazes me. Last year on Sunday morning we were walking around Historic Gruene and were standing by Gruene Hall where once a month they have a "Gospel Brunch". While standing there looking at the oldest Dance Hall in Texas with the screen window and Country Gospel Music echoing out and seeing the women inside wearing wide brimmed hats and fanning themselves just took me to another time in history. It was the sounds, the smell and sights- everything! This year my moment was while we were headed to the river riding out the river outfitters old bus, on our way to the river I was looking out these old dirty bus windows that were down, we drove past all these old houses that looked like they were straight out of the country in the mid 60's, along with the same era music being blared by the bus driver, the smell of an old school bus leather seats again just took me to another time! Moments like these are memories burned in my brain that I just won't forget and yet I have nothing to document either experience except my memories!
I really wish I spent some time in Historic Gruene, I really could have gotten some amazing photos there, but our house was just such a great setting, I really think I got some amazing photos. I am so impressed with myself!! The house we stayed in was so well done- stained concrete floors, rustic wrought iron and leather decor, vintage furniture inside and out. It was on 3 acres and had all the natural hill country vegetation including Cacti, Mesquite Trees, the Old big Oak trees and more. It was perfect we even had the gravel drive AND an outdoor shower! (yes we had an indoor one too!)
I'm already looking forward to next years trip!












Jes waiting for me at our front gate....she later got her panties frozen! ;-P


2 comments:
Wow what great pics you took!
But i want to see the house! :)
i agree great pics! Proud of you for holding up without the baby. The first trip is always the hardest! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment