Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ketchup

I was going to name this my catch up post along with some random ramblings, but 'catch up' made me think of Mason the other night and how he ate 2 whole hot dogs at dinner just so he could eat more ketchup. And just for that random fact, I named it ketchup. Mason is definitely his father's son. except he looks like me. Mason will eat ketchup plain. gak. who else does that? Gavin. Gavin is known to eat his ketchup with a side of fries.

We've been SO busy, and such little time for pictures...but don't worry, they ARE coming. TONIGHT. PROMISE. What the hay have we been doing? Trying to get some sleep, keeping up with a 2 year old, making time for the wave of new clients, the wedding season has started for us both, MOVING both our businesses into a new location (which means painting, prepping, shopping for furniture, cleaning, organizing and MOVING all my stuff), tax season, home projects and oh yeah....we have a newborn too! haha Needless to say, I think I have a good excuse to always feel tired! If i could only bottle up the energy of a 2 year old and market it...I'd make millions.

So on to our little man, Maddox had his 1 month check up almost 2 weeks ago- in that first month's time he's grown 3" and 3.5 lbs! He was born at 7 lbs 3 oz and 19.5" long- 1 month old he was 10 lbs 10 oz and 22.5" long. To me I can't believe he grew that much in 4 weeks- no wonder he sleeps so much! Sleeping: he's doing great- he's had his nights and days figured out unlike Mason who was way out of whack for his first 2 months i think! He generally has an awake period in the mornings and another long stretch late afternoons/early evenings. Gavin and i take shifts at night basically- G stays up later, til 2 am to feed Maddox and get some work done, after that its my turn which is usually a 5 am feeding. Maddox only wakes up to eat and maybe poop. SO the routine is not that bad, unless you're like me and not go to bed until midnight at LEAST. ugh, gotta start getting to bed earlier! We've been managing though, it does seem easier the 2nd time around, but it is harder with having a 2 year old that keeps us on our toes!

As far as Mason- we've had a few challenges lately (been expecting a few things with the adjustment so he's doing just fine), but he's also at such a fun age too. WHAT a chatterbox we have! I cannot believe how much he talks up a storm now.

Something funny that happened last week- I was emptying the dishwasher and set a wine glass on the counter and Mason yells, "Mimi's CUP!!!!!" haha i could help but laugh that my 2 year old just tagged my sister Amy as a wine-o!

Everything gets 'boken' with an uh-oh and then within seconds its "Mommy, I BIX IT!" (fix it)

a few weekends ago, i took both boys with me to wash my truck and run to the market. At first i wasn't sure if Mason was afraid of the drive thru carwash, but after getting home and hearing the word carwash at least 60 times in 30 minutes tells me he wasn't the least bit traumatized. just adding to his fascination i guess. Everyday I ask him "Where are we going today?" His usual guesses are: School, Church, Jackson's house, Papa's house or Carwash. Apparently we should only go the places he wants. Unless we're out of juice then he is telling me, "Go buy some!"

Oh yes speaking of which, when a 2 year old says, "Farmer's Market" it really sounds like a bad word we don't use in our house! haha

At least 100 times a day we hear, "Outside?" even if its raining, Mason wants to be outside. He's been extremely into shovels and digging in the dirt (oh fun, mom loves dirt and dirty boys. and dirty smelling boys.) Bathtime has recently become Mason & Daddy time.

Late last week poor Uncle Josh got rear ended in his Tahoe and had some bad whiplash. After shopping for easter groceries for our easter get togethers I stopped by my dad's house to store it in his extra fridge. Mason was so insistent on seeing Josh, so he came down stairs for a few to visit with Mason before heading back upstairs. When Josh left, Mason asked, "Josh? See Josh?"
I said, "No. Josh went to lay down."
Mason replied, "Josh lay down?"
I said, "Yes Josh went to lay down. He doesnt feel good."
Mason said (very matter of factly) "Josh need go poop." ( i totally laughed at this...not sure where he got it, but apparently if you don't feel good, you need to poop.)
What a funny little man! I cant wait to hear the conversations between Mason & Maddox one day :-)

No comments: