Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Maddox update :)

Maddox will be FIVE whole months old this weekend- wow it's gone by! I'm not the biggest fan of newborn babies (don't get me wrong i ADORE my babies) however, I love the age where they can sit up on their own and older. I actually can't wait for how fun my boys will be when Maddox is Mason's age and so forth.

Stats- The week before last Maddox had his 4 month check up and shots done and I couldn't believe how big he was! just 2 oz. shy of 16 lbs! YES, SIXTEEN POUNDS at 4 1/2 months old!!! But he's also considered tall (yeah! for some Bardin height!) He's in the 95th percentile for height & 85% for weight. He's been in 6-9 month clothes for the past almost month now- which clothes is a whole nother blog post. Have you seen the rolls on my baby? oh its so cute! Those rolls could be a photo shoot all in itself.

Personality- what a happy easy going baby. I couldn't ask for a more 'go with the flow' type baby- which is GREAT to have when they're #2!

Sleep- just a little side bonus, but he generally naps in the mornings from about 10- 12 noon and in the afernoon from about 2-4 pm. Goes to sleep at night about 7:30ish and will sleep anywhere from 12-13 hours! It's so easy to get in the mode of cuddling with the cutie, but at 4 months old we went ahead and did some sleep training (aka Cry it out) and for 2 nights he cried about 5-10 min max (okay and we know his cry is more of a whine than anything!) so now for his morning nap and at bedtime we just lay him in his crib, put on the crib aquarium once and he'll put himself to sleep pretty easily. Let me tell you that sleep training is SO much easier at 4 months old RATHER than at 15 months old with a stubborn personality! (cough. Mason. cough.)

What's New? Maddox has gotten attached to a little blankie that Amy (aunt Mimi) gave him, nap and bedtime with it!
Last thursday Maddox & I headed out to Dallas. My friend Sara heard that someone was looking for babies 1-9 months old for a photoshoot for Hot Slings for their new catalog- so I e-mailed my contact info and Maddox's recent picture and sure enough I got an email back saying they would love to use maddox! Maddox was the youngest baby of the bunch. We spent sometime waiting and just as he was about to fall asleep, they called us back for his shot. I can't wait to see the photos- their idea was pretty glam- the model was gorgous in a cute black dress, birdcage veil type hat and a chic sling- Maddox was AWESOME. The stylish and photographer were really happy with him in the shots. We could not but help laugh the whole time because without even snapping fingers Maddox would STARE straight at the photographer, but everytime the lights went with the flash, Maddox would flash 'the eyebrow' look. You know that look? CLICK HERE FOR THE LOOK Within a few minutes, he fell right asleep in the sling! The coordinator leaned over and told me that they were really happy with the shots, and that THIS set up was going to be the cover shot for their new catalog! SCORE!
I got an email today from the coordinator that they were really thrilled with Maddox, how well he did and how photogenic he is. payment is product (yeah for a free sling!) and a CD of all the images of his as well as the catalog with his printed photo. It was a fun experience! Don't think I'll become one of THOSE Moms (stage mom or whathaveyou) if something else like this comes along for either Mason or Maddox, maybe, maybe not- if we do, and have fun while making a savings for them, then great :)
SO stay tuned, when things are published I'll keep you updated!
In the mean time, here's a shot of my hunk-a-chunk while we were waiting last week! (Just to tide you over with some babychub cuteness!)



No comments: