Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rewind X2

Valentine's weekend....had to think for a minute......we had our big snow storm with a whopping 12" of snow the thursday before. We enjoyed the snow & snuggled inside until we lost power at 5 am Friday morning. SO much for having a nice day in my pjs at home! We bundled up and headed to the Grandparents' house and camped out there for the entire day. We checked on the pets and house throughout the day eager for the power to come back on but nothing. Finally at 8 pm we decided to head back home and sleep in the cold house (okay it was only 61, but that is still cold for me!) Heading home i was just PRAYING for the power to return, we turned on our street & sure ENOUGH, power was on. I yelled in the car, "PRAISE THE LORD!!! We have POWER!!!" Mason thought that was pretty hysterical so he joined in on the fun and ran around the house flipping the lights on. I have never been more thankful to pay my electric bill than this month. I couldn't rough it without electricity. So sad...and even more sad, is I'm married to an Eagle Scout. or maybe it's sad, that HE as an Eagle Scout is married to someone who couldn't survive a day without power. YES....i think the 2nd is more sad. ha!

Saturday, I went to a long time friend's baby shower. I grew up with Amy- we've attended the same church since we were 7 years old. Crazy to think I've known her over 20 years!!! Since then we both grew up, I moved to Asia, came back, we both went to college, got married, then she moved to Asia, moved back and we both had babies, she is due any day now with her 2nd baby. Of course i love baby showers and now in the past 6 months, i've truely enjoyed MAKING baby gifts for showers! So naturally Amy got the blessing of one of my beautiful creations. I think each gift is just getting better and better. Here is Amy with the gifts I made for her and baby Bryson. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the theme she did in her nursery- VINTAGE TOYS. why didn't i think of that?!?!

Playmat for Baby Bryson
From February10


Cute blocks i made for his room:
From February10


Here they are in his nursery (I just LOVE these!!)
From February10


in celebration of Valentine's weekend- here are a few dresses that I've made for gifts, baby gifts, and just for my sweet niece Rilee.

Valentines Dress:
From Crafts


A Cute little summer dress.....if only i could get away with wearing this!!
From Crafts


i LOVE this print...deciding what I could make for myself out of this print :)
From Crafts


And here is that sweet baby girl modeling her valentine's dress for me ! All i can say is she is the luckiest niece in the world that I only have boys!
From February10

No comments: