Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Sleep Guide!

I have come to find out how really blessed we are with such an easy baby! He's been sleeping SO good at night! He usually goes down around 8-9 pm, wakes up around 3 am (gavin's feeding) and then again around 8 am (my turn!) we nap for another hour and half & then we're up for the day! We play for a bit & then he's ready for a nap around 11 am (God bless the swing!) he also takes a long afternoon nap, and another short early evening nap. I must say I found a book that has helped TREMENDOUSLY! Its called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" I've learned the importance of NAPS! An overtired baby does not sleep well at night, the days that Mason gets good naps in, he sleeps so wonderfully at night!! The book says that 2 month old babies should not be awake any longer than 2 hours, so i've really stuck to that and WHAT a turn around we have had with sleeping for the last 2 weeks now! So all you new mommies and mommies-to-be take note and run out and buy that book NOW! Babies dont come with instructions, and they definitely dont come with sleep manuals, so this is the best thing for you and your baby! A happy & rested Baby makes a very well rested Mommy April & makes a very happy Mommy! :-D

No comments: