Crossing fingers! As much as I loved having Mason close by in our room in his pack n play- I knew it was time to transition to his crib at some point. He co-slept with us for the first 6 weeks, and has been in the pack n play since then. then I told myself at 3 months old I'll re-evaluate the sleeping thing (or lack there of sometimes!) He still gets pulled into bed with us in the morning sometimes. He really likes his crib (Thanks Granma & Great Granma!) he plays with his kick pad piano in there, and he enjoys his giant Ikea mobile to stare at as well, so he's very familiar with the crib, we just havent really tried to get him to sleep in there since day 2 at home.
Sunday Morning I was talking to Gavin and asking him, "when should we try and get Mason to sleep in the crib? Should we wait til he sleeps thru the night then transition into the crib, or should we go ahead and try the crib first?" Gavin suggested getting him to start sleeping thru the night first, well that night I tried to the crib just to see what would happen (oops, sorry Gavin! lol) Normally, (well what's normal considered with a 3 month old?? hahaha!) he'll wake up once around 12-2 am, then again around 7:30 am. Mason didn't do too bad the first night, he slept from 8 pm to 2 am, then I put him back in his pack n play, then ended up in bed with us around 5:30 am for the rest of our sleep.
Last night was a little better, he was up more, but he was in his crib longer, so sleep wise it wasnt better, but crib transitioning wise, it was. Mason went down around 8 really easily, Gavin fed him around midnight, then again around 3 am, I was up with him at 5:30 for ANOTHER bottle, then at 7:45 he came into bed with us for ONLY an hour! woohoo!! Thinking back to yesterday, he didn't eat a whole lot, so I'm not sure if he was making up for it last night or what! So hopefully he'll get the hang of all this and surprise us with a long sleep one night soon! (that would be so sweeeeeeet!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment