Mason is 7 1/2 months old today, boy does he have such a personality! He's a charmer, a flirt and a goofball! We've been busy busy lately and things are starting to slow down for me with work for the next few weeks so it'll be nice to relax a bit and get some other things i need done.
Mason start teething REALLY bad thursday night- started running a fever, a runny nose, not sleeping, even throwing up (from all the mucus upsetting his tummy) so we had one rough night thursday night and friday wasnt easy either, but he cut both of his top teeth friday night and since then he's been getting better! I've come to learn what makes my iron stomach churn- not the spitting up, not the THROWING up, its the BOOGERS! lol that just hits my gag reflex! the little ones i'm fine with- i had to use his bulb syringe on him this morning to clear his nose out- well there was SO much i then had to clean the bulb syringe out and YUCK that made me gag 3 or 4 times! BLEEECH! moral of the story- April doesnt like boogers and Mason has his 2 top teeth- so a total of FOUR teeth now!
Mason is on the verge of crawling! we are SO CLOSE! the back legs just havent caught on yet. Mason also likes when he is sitting to hold onto your fingers and pull himself up to standing and then either do his little dance (swaying and bouncing from side to side) or bouncing straight up and down or practice walking. He has also started holding his arms out when he wants to be picked up (is that a sign that he's held A TON?? LOL) I think he's starting to learn to 'kiss'- he doesnt pucker his lips or anything, but he holds his hands out to your face and kind of sticks his drooly face out there like he wants to plant you a big one! he's only done it twice now so maybe he'll catch on, but BOY is cute and melts me heart. He just about melted me into a puddle in the middle of Hobby Lobby the other day when he did that the first time! LOL This sweet boy sure is gonna be a momma's boy- and a heartbreaker too! haha watch out girls!
Last night Mason was left for the first time withOUT a family member watching him! That's right (everyone catch your breath!) but he was left in the best of hands- Miss Debbie our good friend and Mayor Kelly watched him for the evening while I attended a friend's wedding. I guess that makes Debbie the first lady of Colleyville right? now that's a top notch babysitter! LOL She is the best I must admit, she absolutely ADORES mason and he gets so much attention and love from her! I think Mason had a great time too! And i only called ONCE to check up on him, i wasnt too worried about him- Debbie is so great with him! And David too, i think Mason thought he was pretty darn funny!
Last night Gavin and I had a rough night, my sinuses have been acting goofy all week and last night at my friend Keeli's wedding they were getting worse and worse and by 4 am this morning i was miserable. I think they hit Gavin like a truck- he was in bed before 11 pm (GASP!!!) and i dont think slept very well at all, everytime i woke up he was out of bed, poor guy. So we were miserable, I was convinced we came down with strep throat or something like it, so we made a trip to CareNow today and come to find out its just Severe Allergies --ugh! BUT they didnt leave us feeling just as bad, the doc gave us each a steroid shot to help jumpstart things and help get rid of the congestion. So we just laid low for the rest of the day and napped and played with Mason and went to Nana & Pa Pa and hung out for a bit. So that was my first attempt today at taking care of a baby and feeling way under the weather! yuck! But i do feel much better than i did this morning, I think Gavin does too, so we're heading to bed early to make sure we get enough sleep. In the mean time....Enjoy Gavin's pictures he's been hiding from me! (God forbid! haha!)
Mason last month (6 1/2 months old) at Hunington Beach in California- first trip to the beach!


Mason (circa 4 1/2-5 months old) working on downloading something in his diaper HAHAHA

Working on Crawling!

Mason- circa 6 months old in his jumparoo

Mason 7 months old playin' & bein' silly

Just last week i think- looks like he's trying to tell Gavin what to do! haha!

Showin' us how he likes to stand and boogie!

2 comments:
Hes such a charmer! I cant wait to see him! we can trade babies for a bit right! ;)
I promise Hendrix isnt little anymore.
I love the new pix! The "diaper" one...LOL!! He looks like Popeye! ;)
I'm sorry you've been feeling bad sweetie. Feel better, the both of you!
Post a Comment