Sunday, February 7, 2010

Things I've made

We've been pretty busy (What's new!) between work, home projects & building projects, KIDS, running, yoga, birthdays, LOTS of baby showers (which means lots of sewing) and just the regular busy life on top of it all, no wonder blogging doesnt get done!

Back in December Gavin decided sacrifice his office (originally a large game room) since the boys are in the same room & I'm in need of an office/craft room. We talked about making the spare room into a playroom, but since our sunroom is still the perfect place for that & I didn't like the idea of the room next to the boys room being my craft room since I do a lot of sewing, I was afraid of waking the boys up, so Gavin offered to move over his office. What a nice husband!! Gavin's office is almost complete which means my craft room is NEXT!!! I've got a temporary table set up & the wardrobe units put together so I've been able to reclaim my dining room AND I've gotten quite a bit of sewing completed in the last 2 months. I'll have to take some pictures of the progress of the craft room as we go :)


So here are some recent projects I've completed!

Baby Gift for sweet little Grant next door
4" X 4" Blocks
From Crafts


Taggie (other side is brown minky fabric)
From Crafts


Playmat
From Crafts



Baby Gift for Selah who will be here sometime this month!
Taggie & 2 burp cloths
From Crafts


Selah's playmat
From Crafts


Laura (my running buddy) & I have started doing hot room yoga & really love it! So of course I made us bags for our yoga mats
Laura's mat bag
From Crafts


My yoga mat bag
From Crafts


Christmas gift for Nana, a throw quilt
From Crafts


back side of the quilt- mostly white with a strip of the left over fabric
From Crafts


Remember all the old vintage fabrics Gavin's Granma gave me? I was determined to do something with them for her for Christmas- this was just a basic wreath with fabric strips tied on
From Crafts


Her other gift using the vintage fabrics was a dozen place mats (okay that project took A LOT longer than expected) but I did use majority of the fabric she gave me AND i got to use up all the trim she gave me too!
From Crafts


My friend Dede, my sister Amy & I went to Canton back over the summer and amy bought some large bare wooden crosses. Of course me her PROJECT MANAGER (aka- person who does her projects! LOL) had them sitting in my dining room for quite some time and finally got them finished last week! i need to take a close up of the red one, i love the detailing on it!
From Crafts


Cross for my niece Rilee's Bathroom
From Crafts


My friend Meredith hired me to make some t shirt quilts out of her & her husbands college shirts (Texas A & M if you can't tell!)
this was a big learning experience for me, but i really enjoyed it and I hope she likes them!
The first is her shirts from her sorority- i used the backs of the shirts as a good amount of them all had bible verses on them, and i really wanted to incorporate that.
From Crafts


The 2nd one is more the true Aggie theme- lots of Maroon!
From Crafts

2 comments:

The Kaspars said...

I am so lucky to have my own personal project manager!! I can't wait to see the crosses :) Thanks!! Everything else looks amazing as usual! I'm still wondering what talent I got from mom & dad LOL!

Krysie said...

You make some great stuff April. I love all of it! :)