Last night was another good night. Mason only woke up at 9:30 pm but that was because Gavin was up in the attic and I think he accidently woke him up- so he CIO for about 5-10 min. max and then woke up at 7 am! He wasn't as happy as he usually was when he woke up this morning- but he did seem kinda grouchy today, so not sure what that was all about! BUT bottom line- he stayed in his bed for 5 nights straight! woohoo! and TONIGHT, I didn't even rock him to bed. I started to, but he was wide awake and didn't seem tired quite yet. So i put him in his crib, turned on his night light and his crib aquarium. He laid there for a bit just watching it and cuddling with his new lovey (my old black tank top- well its not so much a tank top anymore, i cut off the straps so he cant tangle himself in them.) I left the room and after about 5 minutes he started crying, so I let him cry for about 5 minutes then went in to comfort him, i let him hug on me for a minute while he stood in his crib, then laid him back down, gave him his lovey and just rubbed his back- he was out in less than 2 minutes! sweet! OH i look forward to the day that we just LAY him in his bed and thats it!
So we ARE making progress- he's only had 2 night time bottles in the past week- he's slept in his bed the full night the past 5 nights! Horray- in the next 2 weeks we're going to work on cutting out his naptime bottle and then after that we'll work on the bedtime bottle ! Dr. O said to cut it out by 18 months for good- so we've got 2 months left to drop it! yikes! thats the one I feel we'll have an issue with !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment