Sunday, March 9, 2008

White Stuff in the Sky!

In Texas generally we get a few ICE days per year, this year TWICE in one week we got this white stuff that's very different from Ice- its called SNOW! Its not a common occurance here! Boy did we get snow! Monday night it came and went just as fast (but stayed just long enough for me to ambush Gavin with a snowball fight!) and then Thursday we just got dumped on! We got just a little over 2" but just west of us some of our friends in Decatur (just about an hour away) got 9" of snow! I think that's a record for Texas! LOL it was beautiful!! On Thursday afternoon when it started, I picked Mason up from school and on our way home he just laughed and laughed at the snow fallling in HUGE chunks! at one intersection, I rolled down the window and got a chunk of snow for him to eat (he LOVES ice cubes) and after that all he did was ask for more to eat! So when we got home, I bundled him up in 4 layers (since we dont have any snow gear- not even gloves!..Bad Mommy!) so we went out for about 2 minutes outside. All Mason did was want to eat the snow before he realized it made him colder, then he didn't want to have anything to do with it since it was so cold! I got a few shots for his first fun in the snow!


Snacking on Snow


Okay, I'm done- its too cold!!

No comments: