Happy Labor Day!
As a mom, labor day is no different- constant work right? As if I don't do enough, I'm cooking today! But these are some recipes I'm excited about! Today we're heading over to my Dad's house to grill with my family and Gavin's family too. Gavin is making his delish Burgers & I'm making all the fixin's and things to go with it.
My first recipe I'm making is PW's Queso-(Ree Rocks. She and I are on the same wavelength with creative cooking.) http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chile_con_queso/ instead of the canned green chilies I'm going to add in one of my hatch green chilies- YUM. Who doesn't love queso? I may be adding it on top of my burger to make my own Gruene's Gristmill Signature Burger. (drool.)
I'm also making another appetizer- I came across this one at Market Street a few weeks back- ironically they don't have a name for it, so I guess I'll name it: Grilled Garlic Ceasar Shrimp. I got to try this yummy shrimp at the store where they made it and it was tasty & looked super easy, not to mention majority of the ingredients I already had in my fridge (just not the shrimp.)
Here's how it goes-
WHat you'll need:
2 dozen (or more) peeled and deveined shrimp
Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water for 30 min)
1/4 cup PLUS 1 tablespoon Garlic Caesar Salad Dressing (I specifically used "World Classic Caesar Garlic Salad Dressing"
Salt & Pepper
1/3 cup of Mayo
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
Directions:
Preheat Grill to Medium.
Pat Shrimp dry with paper towels, and place on bamboo skewers. Brush shrimp with 1/4 cup dressing, sprinkle with a generous amount of salt & pepper and place on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side. My shrimp were already cooked but I plan on grilling them anyway just to warm them up a bit and help bring out the flava. baste if you like, or if you're like me throw everything in a bowl at the beginning and then put them on the skewers.
In a small bowl, combine mayo, 1 tbsp of garlic dressing, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic & 1 teaspoon of paprika. Use this as a dip for the shrimp. I actually doubled the dip recipe because I made up about 50-60 of the shrimp, but it still looks like enough dip for all that!
It smells delish and can't wait to try out my new recipe! I'm not a big shrimp cooker, but I do enjoy it. I think that this would go over great on a yummy salad with some garlic french bread or even a little pasta. Hmmm, if I get daring one night, i might actually try it! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment