SO my friend Kristin (who's a wedding coordinator) had a wedding in Dallas last night and one of the guests was George W Bush. I thought that was pretty cool.
I got to trump her celebrity sighting today. JONAS BROTHERS at CHURCH!
I knew their Mom goes to Gateway, but didn't think they'd ever go, seems to be they're always on tour or something. So it was pretty cool seeing some of our local celebrities! Gavin always drops me off on the side door closest to Maddox's nursery so I can take him in and then Mason, then Gavin comes and finds me- we generally sit in the same area all the time. So when I'm walking in, there's a kid and his dad standing at the door, as I walk in with an infant carseat in one arm and Mason in the other (who insisted on being held, who was also mad at me for not letting him take in his truck) so they nicely hold the door for me and I think to myself- hey that kid looks like one of the jonas brothers! but i didn't think anything of it even though i was was 18" away from his face. I get inside and check the boys in with the nursery check in system and turn around there is ALL 3 of them walking in. I thought---OOH! i guess it is!!!! Maddox's nursery lady who must be in her 60's or so even said, "oh you didn't know they go here?" HAHA. she showed me!
so of course after dropping Mason off- i had to call Sara before walking into the sanctuary to tell her and get my teenage star struck giddy-ness all out! HAHA Gavin just rolled his eyes at me but he thought it was pretty cool...I'm sure haha. They walked in RIGHT as the worship service was starting (i'm sure the church knew they were coming and prob. saved the row for them, because finding half a row available at the 10:45 service is unreal!) So we found 2 seats, same row just other side of the section and i'm sure word spread like wild fire. no one bothered them or anything, but as we got our seats there was a mom, dad and pre-teen girl in front of us & looks like her mom just told her, she turned around to look and i said, "YES, they really ARE here. i walked in with them." And I kid you NOT, her EYES popped out of her HEAD! she kept trying to look over during the service, it cracked me up.
After the service was over, i knew they'd be out early, sure enough, they all snuck out during the closing prayer. I looked back and they were standing by the side door waiting for their mom who was at the offering box- after they let us out, the girl in front of us was practically pushing her dad out of the way. We walked out the same door just as she was walking up to them (surprised they were still there!)- so I bet today was the highlight of her short 12-13 years of life! She probably just about peed her pants!!
Funny thing- after the worship service, but before the sermon the worship leader always says to turn around and greet your neighbors- there were 2 girls (probably teenage or so) in front of the Jonas Brothers) so could you imagine being ONE of those girls and turning around to shake someones hand and see them? I joked to Gavin, those 2 girls probably thought they DIED and went to HEAVEN! HAHAHA we didn't hear any screaming, and no paramedics turned up, so I'm guessing they survived that shock.
Pretty cool celebrity sighting for me!!! Now my sister gets to go brag to her middle school girl students tomorrow who will be WAY JEALOUS!!!!! ;-p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is such a funny story! I had no idea they even were from this area! So of course I just Tarrant Appraisal Districted them....they live in Westlake. :) So then I Google Satellite Mapped them and saw their house after I knew how much it cost and who lived there before. lol. That's my routine with any famous person living in Tarrant County. AM I super lame or what?!
Post a Comment