Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mason is here!


Mason was born Friday morning at 1:57 am- he weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz and 20 inches long. Everything went really well- I got everything I hoped and prayed for- an easy delivery, a healthy baby, and a cute one too! Labor and delivery was very different from what I expected, it was alot of waiting, and about an hour & half of pushing (but it went by so quick and didn't seem that long) there was not nearly as much pain as I thought there would be, the epidural was awesome. It had some wierd side effects, made me very shakey and itchy, but heck it was worth it to not feel the pain! Our doctor was really wonderful, and I cannot rave enough about our delivery Nurse- her name is Tiffany and she's my hero! She was so encouraging thru the process. Her and Gavin worked great together and I definitely couldn't have done it without them. In about 3 years time, I will be requesting her for Baby #2, she was that great!


We just came home from the hospital this afternoon. So far it's been an odd adjustment, it's nice to be home, but it feels very surreal to be home with him. We got alot of sleep in the hospital, it worked out so well while we were there. There were 2 beds in my room, so Gavin slept really good and was able to stay there with me. We had so many visitors over the weekend, Mason is a popular guy and already charming the ladies. He's such a good baby too, very easy going and laid back. I'm almost scared that something is going to change because he's so good for us!! I pray that now he stays like the "angel baby" he is!!


Tomorrow morning I'll post a link for all the pictures that Gavin took over the weekend- and he took a ton! So until then, enjoy the one 'teaser'-its Mason about 8 hours old with his Aunt Amy! (He is going to be a miniature Gavin for sure- he looks just like him!)

No comments: