We went to the Pediatrician yesterday & Mr. Mason weighs 8 lbs 5 oz, and is 20 1/2 inches long. Dr Ohmen says he's in the 90th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height, so he's a healthy baby!I cant believe how much he's already changed in the past week, he looks like such a different baby from when we were in the hospital! His hair is lightening up, and he is looking more and more like Gavin to me everyday.
You ask how mom & dad are doing? we'll just say it's trial and error, and we're trying! Every night has definitely been challenging, and we're learning what works and doesnt work! We are extremely thankful for our Lazy Boy Chair that we bought a couple months back for the nursery- we've now pulled it out in the living room, where one of us always is in it. Last night Mason was extremely gassy and fussy, so Gavin took over and let me sleep a whole 5 hours straight! I think he slept in the lazyboy with Mason for a couple of hours and fed him. Then we basically switched, i took the early shift. Mason seems to sleep so much longer when he's on one of our chests whether its in the chair on in bed. I dont want to get in the habit of it, but right now sleep is sleep, and its good for me! I've learned to nap with him once in the morning and another nap in the evening, and I can handle the broken sleep much better!
We had our first outing on Tuesday- we went to the bank and to Target- it was successful (he didnt cry, slept the whole time pretty much) and no one touched him! (I'm so paranoid about it being Flu season and all!) So we *might* attempt going to church on Sunday- we'll see!

No comments:
Post a Comment