Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday Ramblings

So we survived Ike. Mason stayed at home all day with his babysitter. The worst I saw of Ike was on my way home from Fort Worth, the rain was coming down so hard, I was going 35 mph on I-35. but it passed, I got soaked a few times today between all our wedding set ups, but the worst of it was south east of us.

Poor Mason's mood has matched the weather today. He woke up super early this morning around 6 am which is REALLY out of the ordinary for him. He woke up crying, and wouldn't go back to sleep, so he started off the day wrong and has been quite the cranky butt all day. Went down for an early nap which meant he was up earlier too, so tonight he was quite the bear. I've noticed his nose running the past 2 days and lots of drooling and fingers in the mouth, so I finally got to check today, and sure enough, bottom right hand side, I could feel some bumps, so it explains the mood! We went to our neighbors for their porch party/hurricane party this evening when I got home, so that at least distracted him for quite some time. Closer to bedtime he got super cranky, so I decided it was time for some Motrin and bed! Finally I got him settled down with a cup of milk and we read a few books before he zonked right out. Now for some quiet Mommy time, but all I want to do is crawl into bed too! What a Saturday night!

1 comment:

The Kaspars said...

Survived is a total joke!! I was SOOO ready and we barely got anything. That's fine though b/c I couldn't have gone without my internet and reading your blog :)