Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

How would I describe 2008? "Okay." it was one of those years, not the worst, but definitely not the best. Hoping that 2009 will be one of those great years!

Highlights-
lots of family travels- all to California to Dad's beach house
Getting to watch Mason & Rilee grow and develop amazing personalities
I found a new talent/art that God has blessed me with
Becoming closer and having a tighter relationship with my sister
Growing a healthy Baby
found an amazing group of friends and a support system in our bible study

Lows of 2008-
the state of the economy is no fun for anyone who is self employed.
Mason's diagnosis of his Food Allergies (which is also a blessing in disguise since his immune system has made a HUGE turn around)
Lost my last surviving Grandparent
another year without my Mom

Forget New Years Resolutions- those are meant to be broken anyway. I always set goals for myself for the next year- here's mine for 2009:
*Be a better Person- better Wife, better Mom, better sister, better daughter, better aunt, better friend, better christian...
*healthier living- I eat my fruits and veggies (okay maybe too many fruits). After Maddox is born, I'm officially DONE procreating, so its time I get my body back. Wait, I've never quite really had one (okay I did in high school) so I guess it's time i FIND mine!!!

Here's our recap of NYE (this is more for me because I forgot what we did last year...i think the same thing this year!)
Mom, dad, Mason & Brisket goes to Granma's.
Eat dinner with the Family and hear about the 250 lb boar Uncle Bill killed Monday (Mason ate mostly sour cream and cheese for dinner)
Watch Mason chase the cat and run in circles. Lots of Hugs from Mason.
Put Mason in jammies just in case he passes out at Gmas.
came home and Mason stayed up til 9 pm (thats a huge change for our creature of habit!)
Watched Eagle Eye with Gavin. Talked to sara on the phone and plotted schemes. The End.

My goal for the night is to be IN bed before midnight so that I can sleep til next year ;-D and I've only got 20 minutes to do so! STAY SAFE AND GOOD NIGHT!

No comments: