Thursday, December 18, 2008

Whatcha doin?

Stole this from Kristin! Things I have done are in bold.

1. Started your own blog. Uh, yes, you're reading it.
2. Slept under the stars. it's been a while, but yes I have!
3. Played in a band. I played the flute from 6th grade thru college! 
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower. When I lived in Bangkok, we lived just outside the city so the stars were pretty amazing, one of the most amazing things I've ever seen is a meteor shower there!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. Both!
8. Climbed a mountain. Depends on how high of a mountain, but I'm saying yes. 
9. Held a praying mantis. not that i can think of. 
10. Sang a solo. I was in the children's church choir once! after my solo might have been when they let me go. haha
11. Bungee jumped. nope. i think i'd sky dive before bungee jumping!
12. Visited Paris - twice! love it, love the art and LOVE the food!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. When we lived in Hong Kong, our high rise apartment faced the south china sea- we lived on the 27 & 28th floors with my room facing the ocean. being up so high at night you could see all the tropical storms/lighting storms out on the water. One of the coolest ways to fall asleep! I prefer that to playing solitaire (what i do now to fall asleep! haha) 
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Floral Design and my artsy fartsy stuff. 
15. Adopted a child. 
16. Had food poisoning. oh yes. fried mushrooms from snuffers didnt go so well!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. 
18. Grown your own vegetables. my mom grew beets when we lived in sacramento. does that count? 
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Yep! Twice!
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. Yes, I won.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. My mom was so cool, sometimes in high school (when we moved to Bangkok middle of my junior year- every once in a while she wanted a Mommy & Me day, she'd call in for me, let me sleep in then surprise me with lunch and shopping.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. hey you know you'd do it too if you had your own pool and privacy!
27. Run a Marathon. does Race for the Cure count?
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse. i think i was in elementary school, i remember it being during the summertime.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. I remember back before i was a mommy & i couldnt remember the last time i saw a sunrise. now i see them daily i think! 
31. Hit a home run. I DID play softball once! 
32. Been on a cruise. 
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. 
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. I've been to England, France and Oklahoma! LOL
35. Seen an Amish community. and it was the coolest thing ever! Don't make fun. Amish are awesome bakers!!! I secretly want to be an amish person. with microwaves, hair dryers, electricity and running showers. and shoes too. 
36. Taught yourself a new language. does learning spanish in high school count? 
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. I'm self employed and married to another self employed person. 
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. haha. When Gavin, Sara, Kent & I went to CA this summer, Sara and I went for a long morning walk, what was supposed to be an hour walk turned into 2 1/2 hours of rock climbing along Corona Del Mar's cliffs. it was fun though! 
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. Been there once!
41. Sung karaoke. I have lived in Asia before you know!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. if someone looks like they need money, i'd be happy to buy them a meal before giving them cash. 
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Yes, many times. that's when walks are best on the beach! 
46. Been transported in an ambulance. 
47. Had your portrait painted. Caricature only. Does that count? 
48. Gone deep sea fishing. Sounds like fun, but i would be sick! 
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- yes and its gorgous!!
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - the restaurant up there isn't that great though. 
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. We snorkeled on our honeymoon in Mexico- it was tons of fun!
52. Kissed in the rain. I specifically remember that happening my junior year in high school . 
53. Played in the mud. my cousins in AZ had a goat growing up, i remember making Vinny the goat mud pies. yum yum. 
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. in CA to watch Parenthood with my mom & sis with the Davis'. Gavin & I found one here we went to for our 1st anniversary- it was pretty cool- can't remember what we watched though!
55. Been in a movie. My mom has though. but sadly it had to have been on the list of the worlds worst movie! (UltaViolet)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. I DESPERATELY want to go!!!!!
57. Started a business. 2 to be exact!!! :-) AprilMayJuneDesigns & Artsy Fartsy Designs. 
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia- i want to go there too!
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. i dropped out of girl scouts because i hated selling cookies. 
62. Gone whale watching- yes and i was SICK!
63. Got flowers for no reason. its been a LONG time though. at least 7 years. because thats how long i've been doing flowers!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving. 
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- this is something i would LOVE to do. its on my list of things to do before i die. 
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter. 
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. thanks to my mom i still have my god aweful 'Abagail Sue'- the ugliest cabbage patch kid in the world. and my Lala (my favorite doll) along with some of my barbie horses. 
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. 
71. Eaten Caviar. Yes, in Savannah, Georgia. why it was there I don't remember, but I was 14. why do i remember these things??
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square- does the Times Square in Hong Kong count??
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London- Yes and its not all its hopped up to be. 
77. Broken a bone. thankfully no. 
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Yes we used to take the motorcycle taxis in downtown bangkok all the time because they were cheapest. my parents HATED it when we did that!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person-a.m.a.z.i.n.g!
80. Published a book- does mypublisher.com count? 
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car. only twice & i've had 5 cars total!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. my softball team was in the colleyville paper once! :-) 
85. Read the entire Bible. yes and the books with who begot who is really not that interesting. 
86. Visited the White House. 
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. I helped. in NZ we stayed with the Maori and they did a big meal for us- slaughtered a cow, dug the hole and cooked it in the ground. i did NOT help kill the cow, but i helped dig the hole! 
88. Had chickenpox. Yes, 1st or 2nd grade. and my mom made me go with her while she had a tennis tournament. i remember being miserable!
89. Saved someone’s life. 
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous. I was picked out of the crowd (1 of a certain number) at Reunion Arena & got to go back stage to the Family Values tour and met everyone i was a cute skinny blonde at 18!
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one. Yes, lost one of the few who meant the most to me- my mom. :-(
94. Had a baby. Epidurals are the greatest things ever. ever. 
95. Seen the Alamo in person. I do live in Texas! but i've only seen it 2 or 3 times. 
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit. 
98. Owned a cell phone. Yes, since high school! 
99. Been stung by a bee. When I was a kid.

1 comment:

Sara Scott said...

seriously.. when do you do this stuff! LOL

Maybe after christmas I will have time for all of these things !