Friday, February 20, 2009

The little things that make me happy!

Besides Gavin and Mason of course :)

I went to central market today to get some powdered sugar for Mason- they are the only local store that carries organic powdered sugar that has tapioca starch instead of cornstarch. I've never checked Whole Foods, but I rarely go there since Market Street and Central Market are so close and I can get everything I need for Mason between the 2 places. Anyway, I was rather bummed to find out that Central Market doesnt carry that powdered sugar that is safe for Mason anymore. Me being determined to find something that will work decided to google how to make powdered sugar. All it is- is pulverized sugar (say 1 cup) to 1 tbsp of a starch (most brands use corn starch, but I can use potato or tapioca starch) So i thought, hmm i could use my food processor....come to find out most people who have made their own suggest using a coffee grinder. YEAH! SO excited to be able to make Mason homemade powdered sugar (its in more recipes than you think!) and ironically, it cuts out Central Market for me now (as much as I love the place!) Market street has been carrying so many more items that I use for Mason- so I'm down to ONE grocery store (besides the Farmer's Market!) It's the little things that can make a Mom happy :)

No comments: