Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Night at Home

We had a pretty busy day yesterday afternoon- it started off quiet- I was rather bored at the hospital. Maddox was busy baking under the blue lights (just a little bit of jaundice) and then he had his circumcision, so I didn't see him much until we were both discharged after lunch.
Came home and unpacked, relaxed and then we got a nice wave of visitors from all 3 grandparents, Amy & Rilee twice (Amy can't get her fill of newborn :-), Christopher, and Alicia and Dustin came by to bring us dinner. Speaking of which, Alicia might be giving my cooking a run for it's money. Gavin has now learned that if Alicia has cooked it- it must be good!
Mason was very interested in baby brother yesterday. We've just been giving him small doses of the baby as to not overwhelm him with adjustment. When it was time to feed Maddox yesterday he wanted to help hold his bottle, he even wanted to hold him on his lap for a whole 10 seconds and was very interested when I changed his diaper too.
Last night Mason had a sleepover at Deedee & Papa's house so we could have 1 night of figuring out the newborn thing again at home with some sleep. I was expecting to be up every few hours like with Mason. I was pleasantly surprised it was quite different! We have the pack n play set up in our room and I figured Maddox would be sleeping there for the first month or so. I fed him a bottle at 10 pm just before going to bed, and woke up around 2:45 to him smacking his tongue (I've learned this is his sign when he's hungry!) he had his pacifier before this and he wouldnt keep it in so sure enough he was hungry. After that feeding, he didn't make a peep! The 2nd half of the night he didn't have his paci (seems to not need it after a feeding) and that didn't bother him (woohoo!) He sleeps so quietly, unlike my other 3 boys. 3 boys being Gavin, Mason AND the cat. Yes all 3 are noisy sleepers. Well Mason not so much anymore, but as a baby he was a noisy sleeper! I even checked on Maddox this morning at 7 am to make sure he was okay but he was cozy and sound asleep! Finally I woke him up close to 8:30 to feed him!
Needless to say, we had a good nights sleep for our first night at home and I think I might actually pop in a nap before Mason gets home :-)

No comments: