Sunday, March 1, 2009

Is something wrong with my baby?

It's really too good to be true. Thank you Lord for such a laid back baby! We go in for a check up tomorrow with our pediatrician for Maddox's jaundice. I think I might have to have him give Maddox the once over. Really, he's so laid back and easy going. He almost never cries (only when we're changing his diaper and the wipes are too cold or he's cold) He doesnt cry when he's wet or poopy or hungry. WHAT???? yeah, no kidding! We basically wake him up every 3 to 4 hours or so during the day, change his diaper then feed him. and then back to sleep he goes. No complaints from him. He's also so QUIET when he sleeps, and so content, he doesnt flail his arms or anything like that. I'm almost worried there's something wrong! My friend Erin says we just won the Baby Lottery. I guess I can't complain!!

I didn't go into much detail yet as far as his birth- so here's the basics!
His given name: Maddox Lee (I've probably mentioned before Lee was my Mom's middle name)
Time Born: 4:08 pm (natural with an epidural)
Height: 19 3/4"
Weight: 7 lbs 3 oz (almost a whole lb lighter than Mason- and wow that lb does really make a difference, I think Mason was a big baby!
Who was there: Gavin and my best friend Sara both attended. Sara didn't bother moving away from my head- haha. Gavin got to help deliver Maddox which was very cool!
Who does he look like? So far we think Maddox has my forehead, ears and lips. He has Gavin's nose and chin for SURE! We're still uncertain about his eyes since he's barely kept them open! (i'm thinking he'll have Gavin's eye color- a hazel-y color)
So if you are interested about his birth here's the low down-
my dr broke my water around 9 am
Got my epidural around 11 am
Epidural made me REALLy really drowsy- so I finally got a decent nap after that.
Sara got there around 2 maybe before. - sometime around then I was dialated 6 cm. Gavin went into the waiting room to get some work done & so Sara & I could chit chat.
Got excited to watch Dr Phil with Octomom at 3pm.
around 3:15 i started getting very uncomfortable and coudnt concentrate on Dr Phil anymore, asked if they could top off my epidural. Definitely felt the need to push. and shortly there after actually felt that I had to breathe thru my contractions, the nurse put me on oxygen since my blood pressure was low. Gavin & Sara were watching how my contractions measured on the chart, and I kept telling when they were starting before they even registered on the monitor. Finally got a little added to my epidural and felt better, only to start pushing 5 minutes later! Loved my epidural, except it made me really drowsy (and since I got topped off right before Maddox was born it took me some extra time to shake it off) I don't remember having that side effect with Mason- but I do remember the itch! Sara would laugh at me because I just wanted to scratch my legs like crazy afterwards!
Overall, this delivery was SO much easier and quicker even though there was some waiting time in there, what a relief!

I should have some pictures to post tomorrow :-)

No comments: