Mason's been pretty funny lately with the dogs. Poor things dont know what to expect. He might walk up and wail on them or hug them. Lately he's been much more lovey dovey on the dogs! so cute!!

Mason trying to hug shelby in her chair

Wednesday night, well really Thursday morning at about 3:30 we had 'one' of those nice texas spring storms hit with full force. The storm woke both Mason and I up. Gavin went into his bedroom to console him and Gavin didnt even hear the storm until he walked out of our bedroom! LOL (how is that possible?) I laid in bed thinking, WOW that is BAD out there, this HAS to be a tornado. Then the first thing that popped into my mind was, "God I hope the shop is okay!!" All i could imagine was driving up in the morning and finding my green hydrangeas strung all over Hurst! LOL So I laid there and just prayed we'd be safe and my office too! HEB schools were out the next day and Hurst got hit pretty bad by the tornado (LOTS of power outages- another thing i worried about with our coolers, not having power) but we got no damage at the office or hom and were perfectly safe with power! So someone was watching out for us :-) That night I laid there in bed thinking, okay- ANY minute the sirens are going to go off (thats how bad it sounded outside) and then I'd have to go get Mason and we'd go hide in the bathroom, but I ended up falling asleep and never heard any sirens. The next morning Gavin and I were discussing the storm and he said, "oh yeah the tornado sirens went off", My response was "AND YOU DIDN'T WAKE ME UP?" WHO in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS doesnt know what it means when the sirens go off????? It means take cover!!! agh MEN!
Wednesday evening, Kristin and I decided to take the boys (Mason, Lucas and Asher) to Chuck E Cheese in Grapevine (1 because its WAY cleaner than the one in NRH, and 2 because they have a toddler zone!) Before we left I thought I'd splurge and get the boys some cotton candy (it was blue) so they got to enjoy it on the way home. Funny thing, Lucas loved it but he didnt like its stickiness. Mason didn't care about that, he LOVED the cotton candy and devoured it and constantly asked for more! I wish i got a picture of him it was ALL over his face and he was BLUE. He had a beard and go-tee of blue sticky mess!
Here's Mason in the toddler zone plastering his face up against the window! He thought he was SO funny!

Last night Gavin and I had Red Robin for dinner- we both had the same burger (except mine didnt have lettuce or tomato) and Gavin got REALLy sick last night. I'm pretty sure it was food poisoning. Poor guy was miserable last night throwing up constantly all night long. He finally started to feel a little better around noon today. So bottom line- you should never eat lettuce or tomato on your burgers! LOL j/k. I don't think we'll be eating there for a VERY long time. I guess it also confirms how awesome Gavin's homemade hamburger are too! I think we'll be sticking with those for a while!
This afternoon Mason scratched up his forehead by walking straight into the front door. so he's got a nice scratch on his forehead. While I was returning some work phone calls and emails Gavin was playing with Mason and eating some dried pear chips and also fruit loops. They walked outside for a few minutes, came back in and Mason started having another allergic reaction! UGH! His forehead broke out in hives and his eyes started swelling around the edge a little. So I gave him some zyrtec allergy (it treats hives too) and he started to look a little better within a few hours. I'm hoping we'll have his allergy results on Monday!!!!
Tonight we went and got some photos with Mason in the bluebonnets, so hopefully we got some good photos! After we needed to grab some dinner quick and considering we were in Grapevine at 6:45 pm and needed some dinner for Mason SOON, we had limited options, so where do we go? Luby's! I made fun of Gavin for fitting right in with driving the Daddy Caddy. LOL And amazingly, Luby's is better than I remembered! After i let him have his first sucker (it was a butterscotch dum dum) he did really good with it, in fact i think he enjoyed it a bit much, he kept licking it and saying "ahhhh" or "mmmmmmm"!
Mason inspecting his dum dum! You can still see some of his allergic reaction on his face.

No comments:
Post a Comment