Saturday, April 19, 2008

Oh, the life of a Mom!

April 19th changed my life!
Every year when April 19th comes around I cant help but think of the day I found out I was pregnant with Mason- April 19 2006. Yes, I was in denial! I found out i was 7 weeks pregnant (yes again, you can laugh and agree I was in denial! LOL)
It was the last day before I stopped putting myself first, thinking of just me, being selfish and started thinking about this person we would be bringing into this world! Now - its is mason fed? is mason clean? mason needs to be changed, mason needs a drink, mason needs a nap....,have i showered today? (sniff sniff shrug.)


A little update on Mason- We've been eating gluten free all week and Mason's congestion has stopped, but his hives are still around (we've been trying to find egg free and soy free products which isnt easy, so we're eating alot of all natural -fruits, veggies, grilled meats) but Mason still has hives on his sides and lower back and he's been scratching at his lower back, thighs, ears and forehead- we had been giving him Zyrtec (dr reccommended)- ironically, Zyrtec works good for the hives and helps alot with his itchiness, BUT it REALLY irritates his poor pee pee! SO after a few days of doing zyrtec (poor kid is still irritated down there, figured it'll take a few days to clear up) we thought we'd give him some Benadryl (which DID help with the itchiness and helps him sleep GREAT) BUT, it gives Mason diahrrea with an extremely SORE butt- SO we're stopping that too and just trying some cortizone cream hoping it'll help with the itchies. I'm hoping we can get in to see the allergist this coming week- poor KID, no relief AND he has a sensitivity to medications like me! :-(

No comments: