Thursday, April 24, 2008

Looks like Surgery in the forecast!

Not for Mason (thankfully!) but for ME! I think I would be so much more scared about the idea of surgery if I hadn't had a baby yet LOL! Surgery still scares me but not as much after having Mason. So what's the surgery for? well last Monday I went in for some blood work to check on my thyroid and to get my blood sugar level checked (both results came back great) but found out my liver functioning levels were high, so then I got sent back for more bloodwork (checked for all the hepatitis' which came back negative) and got sent in for a gallbladder sonogram. Found out today that I've got multiple gallstones which need to be removed, which more than likely means my gallbladder needs to be removed. FuN FuN. Apparently the surgery can be done lapriscopically, and its a rather quick recovery. I havent had any pain, so I'm HOPING I can wait another 2 months until work slows down just a bit, but obviously its something that needs to be taken care of. SO keep me in your prayers, because clearly my life doesnt allow for down time let alone recovery! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this sweetie...I'll definitley be praying! The Lord will take care of you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's not that bad - you'll have to let me know when you go in!