SO we found out last week that Mason is going to be a big brother!! I didn't post anything yet because both Grandparents were out of town on vacation and we wanted to tell them in person. I figured that if I posted something, the grandparents might hear it through the grapevine and not from us- that's not a way to find out! So everyone knows now and we're excited, nervous, scared all those same feelings coming back again. I'm still wondering how its going to work with an almost 2 1/2 yr old and a newborn!
Due date is around March 5th and Gavin is hoping and praying its a boy again! LOL I'm okay with either really, just healthy is good for me! At first I wanted a girl (just like with Mason), but now thinking about it, being so close in age- I think I'd be thrilled with another boy, when they are older they can share a room (and Mom can have a craft room haha) and we have all boy things to start with. Maybe we should find out the gender and NOT tell anyone this time around, that could be REALLY fun!
As crazy as it is, we've finally gotten over the initial shock and I've started to remind Gavin of the lovely hormones. Hey, that's just apart of being a wife/mom, gotta do my job. Gavin has managed the baby shock really well (better than I thought he'd take the news of #2!) crazy boy had me fooled. He said he wasn't ready for #2 for another 5 years, but he's already talking room decor (boy stuff of course) and talking about having to buy 2 carts (SCCA nut head) in 4 years. Its crazy that with Mason, that was the first name i spit out, and we both loved it. I think we're set on a Boy name- Maddox. Our backups are Evan, Miller (yeah laugh alllllll you want!), Sawyer (yes keep on laughing!) and Kellen. Girls names are Kennedy, Evan, Leah, Quinn and Brynlee (but my friends niece is named that, and i cant be a name stealer, but i have always loved that one!) Maddox and Kennedy are my top favorites.
So i'm still unsure how its going to work with Mason. I worry about how he'll handle it, he's such an attention whore and definitely the apple of my eye, so I wonder how he'll react with Mom's attention on a new baby. He gets rather jealous, so we're going to have to work on that. I give him so much 1 on 1 attention and play time, maybe Gavin will have to spend more time with the new one.....or maybe Grandparents and all those friends who love to come over and borrow babies will rise to the occasion.
So here we go onto a new avenue, completing our family! Exciting and scary at the same time. I have to admit, I'm rather thrilled that I'll be 28 years young and DONE having kids! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Congratulations!!!
Congrats again lady! 2 is hard but oh so great...and it gets easier as they get older. If you have a girl, it is overwhelming to have to buy everything new again, but you can get over it because you get to SHOP! :) And Mason will love his little sibling so much that it might outshine the jealousy.
Congrats again, April! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Kennedy. It's on our top girl list, too :)
Congratulations again!!! I am so excited for you guys!!
Congratulations!! How exciting! Evan was our boy name when I was preggo, so obviously I love it.
Allright April! Congratulations! If things end up the way they did for me, having 2 kids really is not that difficult at all. Mason will quickly get used to having a brother or sister and things will just fall in to place. Kaden sometimes has some jealousy issues but we recognize them and can devote some one-on-one time to him and everything is fine. I'm sure it will be the same for you guys.
GOOD LUCK! :) Make sure you document your pregnancy....you think you'll remember....but you don't. Especially with #2 for whatever reason.
PS-- you're right...Brynlee is a TERRIFIC name! ;) ;) ;)
Congrats again April! I love the name Maddox.
More MDO can't hurt, right? ;)
Congrats! That is great! I think it is so funny that you and Jenny are pregnant together again!
CONGRATS APRIL! That's wonderful! I totally understand about bringing a new one, you focus so much on the first you don't know how you will share all that with another! But it'll all work out! Hey you never know, I might be 5 months behind you like last time! :)
Post a Comment