We started swim class yesterday at the local YMCA (for Mason, not me! I can swim very well thankyouverymuch.) In the class, there's 8 spots for kiddos, well Amy, me and her friends kind of hijacked the class, but hey it works right? In the class there's Amy & Rilee, Mason & me, amy's friend Stacy and her little one Eli, Amy's friend Liz and her little boy Reid, and Amy's friends Chris & Carly with their twins Charis and Price. We had a good time, today was better than yesterday. Yesterday was a little chaotic. Today we had a different instructor that did everything at the pace we needed for our crazy kids. Yesterday we had the kids wear these very annoying floaties (yes I know they are for their own good, but they are not good when the just slip and slide around the kids!) so today with the new instructor we didn't use them and I think Mason actually did better, he wasn't being distracted by the float! Today we only worked on 3 things (which yesterday i think the instructor tried to fit the whole 2 weeks into one lesson) the class is only 30 minutes long, so we were able to spread out our time accordingly. We worked on blowing bubbles which Mason had down great, for some reason Miss Rilee would NOT blow bubbles, guess we'll have to work on that one! Then we worked on going under water (tried to see if Mason would do it by himself, but we're not there yet) and then we worked on getting in and out of the pool correctly. Which I think was a HUGE bonus. There's a hand rail, but Mason didn't like it except to try to climb on it. But he did figure out getting in and out of the pool by the steps while holding onto the side and sitting down, he did great with that. We'll have to try it here at home soon. I was rather impressed today that Mason was listening SO well, he's not always you know! A few times he climbed out of the pool and kind of looked around like, 'hmmm where could i go now?' I'd call him and use my stern voice to tell him to come back to the pool, and amazingly....HE DID. Everytime!
Here's just a few pictures from our first class yesterday. Yes I was the crazy one in the pool with the husband running around the pool with his huge Nikon camera, telephoto lens and monopod. HA! I'm sure the YMCA thought we were crazy for bringing our own personal photographer. Hey gotta get pictures somehow, right?

Miss Rilee with her Momma. Rilee looks very concerned about something. Maybe she knew the kid next to her was peeing in the pool.

Hanging out on the edge of the pool working on our kicks
1 comment:
Ironic! GT had his first swim class at the YMCA today! But ours was the beginner water acclimation class. We didn't have floaties in our class. He loved it and we both still smell like chlorine! :)
Post a Comment