I got a nice treat today for our day at home- Mason went down for an early nap (thank goodness- we had a morning of meltdowns!) so he slept for over 2 1/2 hours, then Papaw (Grandpa Tony) came over and took him for a walk, THEN decided to take him to the park for an hour- so you could imagine how much I got done today! (nap included!) I still haven't gotten around to pictures, but I think tomorrow has some possibilities for that if I can manage to steal Gavin's card reader :-)
So in my freetime today instead of uploading pictures, what did I do? I organized my craft dresser, organized the slowly being cleared out guest room, and organized some cabinets in the kitchen too. I have a handful of these thin paperback recipe card books my mom would always put in my stockings at christmas, I was going to throw them in the recycle bin today but instead decided to flip thru them, and again, they've gone BACK onto my shelf. (I was trying to purge things, not keep them!) I found a recipe she used to make and again I had everything in the fridge/pantry, so I figured yeah, something different for dinner!
To my one avid recipe tryin' friend- Cathy, this is one you will like, super easy!
The booklet calls it "Chicken n Chips" my mom called it her 'Mexican Cheesy Chicken Casserole'
Need:
1 can (10 3/4 oz) of condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted (my mom would use cream of mushroom too if she was out of cream of chicken)
1 cup (8 oz) of sour cream
2 tablespoons taco sauce- I wasnt sure what they meant by taco sauce I imagined they meant something like a packet of Taco Bell Sauce, so instead I just used Salsa :-)
1/4 cup of chopped green chilies (but I used a whole small can, about 1/2 cups worth)
3 cups of cubed cooked chicken (2-3 chicken breasts cooked in the crock pot worked great for this!)
12 slices process American Cheese (I'm insulted the recipe even says "PROCESS" that almost ruined it for me, but INSTEAD, i used shredded cheddar cheese, none of that processed stuff.)
4 cups broken tortilla chips
Directions:
In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream (funny thing, the booklet has a a typo and says "Sour SCREAM" haha!) taco sauce and chilies. In an ungreased shallow 2 qt baking dish, layer half of the chicken, soup mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat Layers. Bake Uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Makes 4-6 servings.
*********
ON a side note, its so true that kids will eat when they're hungry. I feel like Mason has barely eaten anything the past few days, well his appetite caught up with him this afternoon. All within a 3 hour time period he ate: a small bowl of fruit from chick fila, 1/2 of a chargrilled filet from chick fila, about 2 oz of jarlsberg cheese, 2 packages of baby mum mums, a slice of turkey meat rolled up, 2 oz of cheddar cheese, 4 large spoonfuls of sour cream (probably wasnt smart on my part, but he wanted to try it!), a small package of his apple chips from Costco, 6 'nachos' i made him (his potato chips with shredded chicken, cheese and sour cream on them), and a bowlful (wasn't very small) of some berry crumble I made for him the other day (organic berry pie filling with a hearty topping of oatmeal mixed with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & butter baked) he devoured that the quickest. He was like a human garbage disposal tonight! Thank goodness he'll be going to school tomorrow morning, because I sure as heck don't want to change his poopy! LOL
Mason has been showing quite an improvement in his language skills, not quite perfectly clear on alot of things, but he's really attempting words- new things he's been saying- Chocolate, seat, spill, school, chicken, food, eat, books, color, lolly (for lollipop), cereal, blueberry, strawberry, truck, Please, Bye Bye, Baby and ALL his body parts....just to name a few. Again, they're not nearly as clear as I thought his words would be when he'd start talking (I remember Josh doing this too), but he's really attempting words which is great!
**********
#2 update:
So we know what it is. But we're not saying anything. YET. first off, our sonogram tech was only 90% he knows what the baby is. So you won't hear a peep until we're 100% sure which won't be until next month, okay really we wont even be 100% sure until MARCH, however we'll have a prettty darn good idea (99.9% sure?) next month at our sonogram.
SO NEENERNEEEEENER NEEEEEEEEEENER- I'm not telling! but go ahead and make your bets on a girl or boy! :-)
ALSO, I'm starting to feel #2 and the little fluttery feelings, no defined kicks yet, but a few bumps and flutters a few times. I enjoyed those kicks so much with Mason, I'm almost sad this will be the last time around to feel those amazing feelings. THEN AGAIN, after I've labored for a few hours and just pushed #2 out, I'll be saying, thank god your not kicking my bladder anymore! I'm 16 weeks along now (for those who don't understand that language, I'm starting my 5th month of pregnancy, I can't believe another 4 weeks and we're HALF WAY TO BABY! holy moly SLOW THE RIDE DOWN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think it's a girl, because I'd think they'd be pretty sure with a boy!
Wow, 5 months already? It seems like you just got preggo! I *really* want to be pregnant with #2 right now but N is not ready, boooo, so I'm very jealous of you! (but it a nice, supportive way! =P)
Thanks for the recipe! I made it over the weekend and my family LOVED it.
I think it is a girl! Can't wait to hear what it is!
It's a girl. It's harder to tell girl parts then it is with boys. Boys are pretty obvious! So no more after 2? Not trying to get to 3 or 4? :)
Seriously?? You write more than any blogger I know...make me look bad!! haha I do love the recipes and pics tho!!
Post a Comment