Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another great recipe!

Thanks to Penny for posting this on Facebook-it is definitely a keeper!

I made some baked potato soup earlier in the fall, but it was NO BUENO. I just barely tweaked this one so Mason could have it (sub. flour for rice flour- can't tell the difference!) I also didn't have any chicken broth, so I just added water and some spices. we loved it! Mason devoured it. so it gets our approval! :-)

Baked Potato Soup
Ingredients:
2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions (optional)


MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk. Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserve potato skin); mash. Add pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil. Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es); add to soup. Heat through. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onions, if desired.

here's the link to it as well: http://www.meals.com/Recipes/Baked-Potato-Soup.aspx?recipeid=105070

No comments: