Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Basics

So here's the basics we have for Mason's room- still not an empty room. BUT I have a deadline. That's right! a DEADLINE. agh. Kristin came up to my office today and before our meeting with a client she pulls out her massive filofax and says, 'Okay- what's our day? I know you need me to organize (she lives for this stuff!) and decorate.' SO that's supposed to happen on January 26th. WHICH means I need the room painted before then. So now let's see who I can sweet talk with cookies and brisket! 
After our shopping trip, this is what I've got so far for Mason's future big boy room!

The Dresser....this is the best dresser ever. (we just change out the knobs) it makes the best changing table, and holds just about everything we need. When both boys are in the same room- then we'll put 1 in our room, it'll make a great TV Stand too. Gotta love Ikea. 




Sheets for the bed. Nothing exciting. Gotta do red. 


Wall shelf. It's about 6' long. Matches the dresser. Will probably fill it with stuffed animals and a few frames. Thankfully we don't have too many stuffed animals. That's not an excuse to go out and buy him more people. If my cat keeps screaming at me like he's doing right now, he's going to join the other stuffed animals on the shelf. 

Bedding- chocolate brown bedspread. I'll accent it with red throw pillows and a colorful throw I think. 

Mirror- I've had this mirror since we lived in Hong Kong...Gavin hates it. I LOVE it. It's going up. I don't care what he says, I did all the work growing the munchkin for 9 months. And I pushed him out. I think that entitles me to final decisions on room decorations. That and maybe Gavin has just learned to not argue with a pregnant woman. A pregnant woman on a deadline can be a dangerous thing if you get in her way. :-D 


No comments: