Tuesday, January 13, 2009

some progress....but not much!

So I got the bug the other day to organize/nest. So I attempted to get a dent in the guest room- I did organize quite a bit and threw out somethings. I finally went through all the newborn clothes and things we have, as well as cleaned out the nursery (Mason's current room) and the dresser too. I'm *hoping* since we don't use his closet for alot of clothes (shirts only) I can manage to get all the boxes from the guest room into the nursery closet for the time being until Gavin is done with his office (where the boxes belong!) So I was somewhat productive on Sunday! 
Today Gavin and I headed up to Ikea, picked up another dresser (just like in the nursery) but for Mason's big boy room, some bedding and sheets, and a few other things. It feels like my list to get his room ready has barely been touched! 
Things we STILL gotta do:
- Paint the bedroom (will not be done by me!)
- clear out the closet and put in the Elfa shelves
- Find a rug
- Buy a twin mattress
- Gavin to build a low platform for the 'big boy' bed
- assemble the dresser
- accessorize! (this might require another trip to ikea- there's a few more things I'd love to put in Mason's room- but I really want to get the basics done first to see how it all comes together) 

Still a LOT to do, not sure when we'll attempt to get Mason in there...I'm thinking it might be easier on him before Maddox gets here- so we'll see! 

No comments: