Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Delicate Day

Today was a sad day, I went to the funeral of a very close friend's mom. My good friend Erin lost her Mom last Thursday. Right before Mother's Day. Right before a trip scheduled to Italy. Just so sad, and unexpected. My heart goes out to her and her sister, and Dad. I only hoped that none of my friends would lose their Mothers (or any parent for that matter) at a young age. I was kind of hoping I'd be the only one in that club (along with my sister and brother) amongst my friends. I just hoped that none of my friends have to go thru that pain. Unfortunately Erin joined my club, but she knows she has an extremely supportive friend in me.

Just the reminder of how delicate life can be made me hug my husband a little bit longer tonight, stay on the phone with my sister and chat about nothings longer than normal, give Mason a few more kisses, hug Maddox a little tighter, spent a few extra minutes in prayer, sat for a while and listen to Mason's chatterings and Maddox's coo-ings, put away my computer work for a while and just BE. Thanked God for his graces, my friends and wonderful family. Life is too delicate to not appreiate those things.

No comments: