Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interpretation

Mason LOVES to draw, paint, color, etc. A month ago or so, I bought him an art easel from Ikea and he's just been loving it since. He was doing some interesting drawings today, so I had to ask what they were. I'm amazed at how his 'drawings' have evolved over the past week now!

This is what his normal drawings looked like a week ago. "Circle Circle" as he calls it.
From May2009


Drawing #1
The yellow on the bottom left hand side, he said is 'Papaw's house' (he went to papaw's house today). The blue in the top right corner is 'big church'. and the figure in the middle is wearing an umbrella as he said. (I'm not quite sure about that one!) but not bad, right?
From May2009


Drawing #2
I asked Mason if this was a blue sun, he said, "No, blue SPIDER!" (They're learning about bugs at school)
From May2009


Drawing #3
In this one he's drawn 2 people, (a mommy, but not Mason's mommy he said), another spider and a 'Buff-ay" (Butterfly)
From May2009


Drawing #4
Now this one slightly concerns me. I asked what it was, He said "Fall down" (lately he has a fear of falling down, falling off his changing table, a chair, anything that has some height, he's never been dropped, so not sure why!) It sort of depicts a crime scene to me (haha, NO he's not allowed to watch ANYTHING like that or remotely violent, we're extremely protective over him & what he watches on tv) so maybe his stick figure just fell down and got a boo boo?
From May2009


I wasn't expecting my 2 year old to already graduate from scribles into drawings that might depict something quite yet! I have to say- we're 2 proud parents considering our artistic skills, we plan to just FEED the imagination and any creative skills in our boys!

No comments: