Saturday, May 31, 2008

Allergies officially UNDER CONTROL!

Thank you LORD!
SO yesterday on my way home from work I stopped off at the Healthy Approach store thats right down the street from us. I have to say their groceries are not the cheapest, but for Mason's snacks and foods they are a blessing (not to mention right down the street) I do love Sprouts, but its a little far for us to drive for groceries *gotta save on Gas when you drive a YUKON!* (but they do have the best produce for sure!) For Mason's everyday snacks Healthy Approach has worked out great for us, and after all my research and educating myself in label reading (not to mention thanks to Sara for googling certain ingredients for me while I do my grocery shopping! LOL) we've found some great tasting and nutritious snacks for Mason! I think I've finally found some relief (still not happy about how much our grocery bill has increased though!) The cookbook "deceptively delicious" has also been a HUGE blessing and help me figure out some alternative ideas (helps alot with cutting out eggs, etc.) Yesterday i found a GREAT thing- its called Meredith's Marvelous Muffin/Quickbread mix by 123Gluten Free (123Glutenfree.com) I found the mix at Healthy Approach & decided i'd give it a try for Mason (i've been struggling with new ideas for him for breakfast) so this afternoon I made muffins and on their website they had directions for Carrot Cake Muffins well I have a ton of carrots so I shredded some up, substituted the egg with Bananas, added a little milk to help thin out the batter a little and added a little cinnamon and brown sugar and WOW I'm overly impressed with this mix! You'd never know they are Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free and Corn Free, and they're so nutritious! I couldn't be more thrilled that Mason LOOOOOVED them, lets just say within about 3 hours time tonight he ate 4 muffins! LOL SO I guess we found a great new brand that is going to be a staple in our house- next we'll try the pancake mix! AND now that I've really been able to nail down the soy (finally i've nailed down all these ingredients that disguise the soy) Mason's itching has stopped, in fact in the past 4 days we've only given him his itchy medicine ONCE, and havent used his steroid cream since early this week! We continue to treat him with Zyrtec every morning because that really helps with his outdoor allergies, but his skin is looking SO SO much better, his excema hasnt flared up and looks like his excema spots on his feet are really fading! HORRAY! Finally we've got some relief- thank you God!!

No comments: