Friday, May 9, 2008

Spoke too soon.

Eh. Mason has strep. I picked him up from school yesterday afternoon and he was warm. Sure enough, he had a 101 fever. (didn't have that yesterday morning!) came home, he took a 2 hour nap (thats pretty uncommon for him to nap again after school). And then he'd didn't sleep so good last night. I forgot what sleep deprivation feels like. I went to bed around 11:30- and was up at 1:30 with him. He sure was happy at 1:30 am! I was SO stinkin' tired, I let him run around the house to wear himself out. He was laughing and squealing. The tylenol must've made him feel real good!
Gavin took over at 2:30 and I headed to bed, and he got Mason back in bed. Mason woke up again at 5am, and Gavin brought him into bed with us. Well, after that I sure didn't get much sleep!! So I think Gavin and I both are surviving today off 5 hours of sleep max each.
JUST in time for Mother's Day, I didn't want Mason getting worse over the weekend, so I thought- okay lets call the Dr and see if we can get in (I was wondering if it was strep since its going around- fever, congestion, diahrrea, cranky.) So Mom's instinct was right (arn't I always right!? lol!), but we got some good meds for him so he should be feeling MUCH better by Sunday!

Here's a pic of him in the waiting room thinkin' he's such a big boy! LOL I sat him in the chair. Gavin was sitting next to me, Mason points at his own chair, and says, "Dada." and then smiles. He LOVES being JUST like Dada. Gavin dressed him in jeans and a black t-shirt today (that's Gavin's usual Uniform), and Mason came struttin' into my bathroom pats his chest, points back to Gavin and says, "Dada." I've now figured out he's saying, "Just like Daddy!" Having a Mini Me sure is an ego boost to Gavin, especially when everyone comments on HOW CUTE he is! Haha!

No comments: