Monday, August 4, 2008

I heart the farmers market

I've always been a big fan of the farmers market (i have a weakness for the ones in california! lol!) I've hit ours up in Colleyville pretty often but usually find it easier with Mason to just buy our fruits and veggies at the grocery store (Market street or Target which I've found dont always have the freshest and cheapest variety) I've officially made my vow today that I will ONLY buy our fruits and veggies from the farmers market. I bought a ton of items today (raspberries, vine ripe tomatoes, scallions, plums, ripe avocados, kiwis and asparagus) and I ONLY spent $10 plus tax! I couldn't believe that was it. The thing that gets me even though i look for items that are close to ripe at the normal store they usually take a few days to ripen, Mason already devoured both plums and I had used tomato & avocado tonight that was perfectly ripe! Not only are their things super cheap but also ripe enough to eat AND are local and Texas grown. So off my soapbox, just sayin' how much I love the farmers market!

1 comment:

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

LOVE local farmers markets....I cannot stand the poor quality of the fruit and veggies at most grocery stores! It's just a convenience factor that usually hooks me into buying things at the grocery stores.