The other day Mason & I were at Once upon a child finding some shirts for him and he made friends with a little boy about 2 or 3 years old. They were playing so well together in the play area.. he even shared 1 of his toy cars with Mason. The little boy and his mom already left when we went to go check out and I noticed Mason still had one of his cars in his hand and I said to Mason, "uh oh! Your friend forgot his car! He's going to miss it, maybe we should leave it here if he comes back" and the cashier proceeded to tell me that the other little boy was sweet enough to let Mason keep it. How sweet! She said he even hugged him (awe!) So Mason has been taking this little green Ferrari hot wheel car around the past few days, he even had it in the bath the other night- while I was changing him in his room into his jammies, he threw it somewhere and we couldnt find it ANYWHERE the next day when he asked for his car (none of his other cars were good enough) Tonight, I was pulling out some more diapers from the bottom drawer and what do I find? So of course I yell across the house "Mason I found your green car!!!" Seriously, he couldn't have run to his room any faster and the look on his face was absolutely PRICELESS! He jumped up and down and squealed and danced around his room carrying his car- he even ran up and hugged both my legs. His look on his face just told me I absolutely made his day! For once it was nice to feel like his Hero(ine) for the day!!
AND the best part is, I get to see that priceless face again in the morning because I found his green lovie tonight in the hamper (great chance to wash it tonight too) just before i got into bed. Thankfully, he was okay with his alternate lovie for both naptime AND bedtime, but you can tell its not THE lovie. So Mason will be thrilled when I show him first thing in the morning!
YEAH for MOM! i rock today! :-) (Go Mom, Go Mom, Go Mom, Go Mom, Go Go Go...)

1 comment:
ok...Mason is ADORABLE!
As far as your kids names, I love them. I am a HUGE fan of One tree Hill and one of the girls on the show (Peyton)'s last name is Sawyer. Very original.
Congrats!
Post a Comment