Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter & 4 Months!

Today Mason is 4 months old! It's also Easter! We had a really nice day, the 3 of us went to church yesterday evening, and we ended up all 3 sleeping in late this morning. I'm tellin' yah, if we bring Mason into bed with us, he'll sleep as long as we do! LOL not sure how long that will last, but it's nice for us for now! This afternoon we went to my parents house & Amy cooked a wonderful Easter lunch for us (my family, the babies, Gavin's Family & Grandparents) after we filled our bellies we came back home & vegged for a bit & played with Mason before bed. Tomorrow is an early start since Gavin has Jury Duty (yuck!) and I'm going to try & start getting up early again to get Mason on an earlier schedule (he's been staying up later & later on his own).
The Easter bunny (Granpa Bardin) brought Mason his first Easter Basket with a blue bunny inside and candy (which mom will end up eating.) Now with having a baby and coming around to all these different holidays makes me think of how we're going to raise Mason & teach him about the more important meanings behind the holidays rather than the kid friendly characters that tend to override the Christian meanings. Also makes me think of Easter & real the real meaning- which for some reason makes me sad. It should be God's greatest holiday because his son has risen! At the same time, now having a son of my own makes me wonder and think that God sacrificied his most precious creation and had to see him suffer in such a way ALL for US. I think that (actually i KNOW) that I am too selfish, and I could NEVER sacrifice Mason- he's such a true blessing, and I think I could definitely sacrifice every material item in my life, but never him. Makes me think, gosh, if God did that for me, he must REALLY truely LOVE ME more than I could ever know! now THATS something to really try and measure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! I know that will fully register when I have children. I've really been learning how much God loves us over the past few months, and I just love it. :)