Thursday, April 19, 2007

One Year.

It just dawned on me that one year ago today (actually tonight) I found out I was pregnant! (I'm good with remembering dates like that)
How strange a year later, and I have the cutest happiest baby boy! Of course my reaction to my positive test result was "It must be broken! It says I'm pregnant!" When I ran upstairs to Gavin's office to throw the pregnancy test on his desk (probably not the ideal way to break the news to him!)- his reaction was "Well okay... (pause) (pause) (pause)...Cool!" I think I rambled off and yelling, no its not cool- this isnt in my plan! So funny to think "it wasnt in my plan". There's a song I love by Rodney Atkins that says, "If you want to hear God laugh- tell him your plan" SO TRUE! MY plan? what was that? I wasnt ready to be a Mom, I was having too much fun working my rear end off, going out every weekend with friends, and several nights each week. I was NOT a homebody, I was a busybody! I was constantly going going going! WHen Gavin & I first got married we said we'd like to wait about 2-3 years before having kids (perfect timing! LOL) well before I got pregnant we talked kids again and I said, 'maybe another 2 years'. I really think if I hadn't accidently gotten pregnant- we wouldnt have had kids with going in the direction I was going.

WOW has my life changed.

Work is still crazy and busy- but I'm not a busy body anymore. I'm a homebody. WHen I'm not at work, I'm with Mason. when I'm not with Mason- I'm at work! Gavin and I are still the same, but I think we have a whole new level of respect and admiration for one another. I do think that Mason is one of the best things I've been blessed with (besides my family & Gavin) having a baby makes you appreciate all the small things. I never knew I could love something so much! Yes I love Gavin to the ends of the earth, and I love my dog with unconditional love, but I never imagined how much I love that little man! And I think that grows everyday too.
I think God intended for Mason to slow me down and to be able to see and experience all those little things thru him,apparently I was passing them all by way too fast. With having him, I've learned that I'll work faster on a nice day just so I can rush home to be with him and sit out in the grass and play with him, I'll get up early even after going to bed way too late, just so I can be with Mason in the morning when he's playful and acts his silliest. One thing I've learned that I think is most important is enjoying Mason's smile and laughter and to see how his eyes light up when I walk in the room and call his name- when he smiles at me and laughs when I shower him with kisses- everything else important or crazy in my life --just melts away! Children really are a true blessing and teach you so much more than you could ever imagine!

No comments: