Friday, April 13, 2007

Things that change #3- Sleep

Yes, there's sleep deprivation with having ANY child, and no they dont come out sleeping thru the night. but thats not what my post is about. Its more about sleeping with your husband. NOT that kind of sleeping. get your mind outta the gutter. I'm talking about REAL sleep.
Its the oddest thing I realized last night while laying in bed trying to fall back asleep at 4 am.
I cannot fall asleep if Gavin gets into bed BEFORE ME. his breathing/sleeping pattern followed by the occassional snort THROWS me off and I cant fall asleep. when we first got married we'd always go to bed at the same time. And on nights he'd be out late at the carwash (yes you read right, the carwash- its his 'personal' and down time to think aparently) when i would have to go to sleep by myself, i wouldnt sleep very good when he wasnt home.
Well, then i just got used to it after 3 years now. Gosh, for the past year i think theres maybe only a handful of times we've gone to bed at the same time (mostly because of Mason now) Gavin tends to stay up later (he's a night owl) and feeds Mason if he wakes up before Gavin heads to bed. I go to bed around 11 (try to, tends to be midnight though) and I can fall asleep pretty quick (when by myself and the dog) I get up with Mason for his 6 am feeding, so going to bed earlier is a must for me.
Now after last night- Mason wanted his Paci at 4 am so i got up put it back in his mouth & went back to bed. Crap, i couldnt fall asleep for 20 minutes or so! ugh....all because Gavin was already asleep.
I find this discovery REALLY wierd, why cant i fall asleep if he's already asleep? Maybe i'm jealous he's already asleep. Tonight if i have to get back up, I think I'll wake up GAVIN just so I can then fall asleep first! ha!

No comments: