Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kids say the sweetest things!

Gavin and I have been apart of an awesome LIfegroup (Bible Study) from our church for just over the past year- and we've been amazingly blessed with some awesome new friends- these 6 other couples are so dear to my heart and all bring some awesome qualities (and food too!) to our group. Not to mention, all of our kids are close in age and boy are they some sweet and adorable kids (can't expect anything less when they come from the parents they have!) so enough of me gushing about these cool peeps- just an example about how sweet kids can be, here's an email I get from my friend Marsha tonight. *note- Miss Mak is 3 years old*


So Martin and I were talking about Mason and how we are praying for him to be healed so you won't have to make him special food anymore. And of course Makeelie was like, "what's wrong with Mason" so we explained to her in very simple terms and then she wanted to pray for him right then and there. That was earlier this afternoon.

Then tonight we put them to bed and prayed with them. After we pray for them we always give Makeelie the opportunity to pray. Tonight her prayer went something like this, "Dear Lord, we just pray for Mason. We pray you would heal Mason so he can eat ice cream. Thank you for Mrs. April and Mr. Gavin. In Jesus' Name, Amen" I almost started cyring because it was so sweet and so sincere...I know God heard that prayer of a little girl who is completely full of faith!!

Be encouraged...healing is coming for both our boys! You are doing a phenomenal job taking care of Mason and feeding him what he needs for now. I know it can get overwhelming at times but remember this..."God always gives us more than we can handle, but never more than He can handle." He will bring you through this and you will be a stronger woman, mother and wife because of it!
love ya, marsha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That made me teary, how precious...