Sunday, November 23, 2008

little things

lots of little things going on this weekend, but its those little things that make life fun :-)

-Friday night a couple from our lifegroup got married and our group threw them a dinner, i think we surprised them, we decorated and even went in as a group to get them a nice hotel room for the night and made an awesome dinner for everyone. We had a good time and always love our group's company.

-Saturday morning we had a garage sale- WOW this went over 10X better than I thought it would. I hate garage sales, however can't avoid them when I have lots to purge! We had quite a bit to purge too, our old tv, some old furniture pieces that just take up room, clothes, appliances, etc. So much to purge we made $1200 and also a nice donation receipt to GoodWill as well! WOohoo!

-Since we had such a crazy friday night and early saturday morning, Mason stayed over at Deedee's (his name for Grandma now) and Papaw's house friday night and they brought him home just before we wrapped up the garage sale. Boy did he think we were having a party in the front yard! He hung out with us for the last hour and just had a blast socializing with everyone and running around. He had so much fun he went down for a very late nap and slept for over 3 hours which resulted in a late night for him!

-Yesterday evening we hung out with Papa and did all the grocery shopping for Turkey Day. In the process of doing so, I managed to finally find a pancake mix for Mason that is mommy approved! Not easy to find muffin, pancake and cookie mixes that are premixed, taste good, are healthy and that are free of all allergens (corn, wheat, soy......) for him. I COULD purchase all the different flours, sugars, starches, baking powders and mix them myself, however gluten free, corn free and soy free ingredients such as those are not the cheapest, so I haven't gone that route yet. Breakfast tends to be our 'weakest' meal of the day, not always the easiest to feed Mason. He can get tired of the different muffins I make him, fruit, his 2 cereals he can have and yogurt (he does seem to prefer those as afternoon snacks now though!) so yes there are some mornings he'll snack on his veggie chips or lunch meat for breakfast! I have to say, this morning was a great morning when I got to make him pancakes (i know sounds silly, but when you dont get to do things like this for your child its a fun thing!) and it totally made my day when he climbed up to the table and saw what I made him, he took one bite of his pancake and squealed with delight! Little things like that just make my day :-)

No comments: