Friday, November 14, 2008

WARNING: Update...its long, but there's a photo bonus if you can read it all

Really? an UPDATE? are you for real? Yes, yes I am. Actually- its because Gavin transferred some pictures to my laptop finally (isn't Apple the coolest!?) and because I've got Artist Block right now. Well... I'm also waiting for about 12 canvases to dry too. And I'm too tired to do my 'other work' until tomorrow! So lucky you- about to showered with stinkin' cute pictures of my little man.

Just a few small updates-

Thing 2 (as Gavin calls it) is doing good. Lots of movin' and groovin' as expected. We've got a NAME! I think it might be official! well, not official until Thing 2 is actually here but you get my drift. I think I'm somewhere around 25 weeks... less than 4 months to go! Friends and Family will get to find out this weekend with the gender game- so stay tuned!

Mason has been doing so well with school- he really loves it! We got his proofs back from his school picture today and of course he's being a total ham....and of course even with your basic studio photography with the cheesy background (ahem- not Gavins style whatsoever...) I'm still being suckered into buying a package...but the cheapest one at that! Actually Gavin wouldn't let me get anything more. Today his teachers said how well he does with all of the arts and crafts, I know he really enjoys them, but they said he really excels with them (hmm........where do you think he got that from?????) Today they colored with markers (are we already to that point??? I'm not ready to move onto MARKERS. do you know what kids can do with markers? oh the mess..the colorful mess......note to ANYONE who decides to get him markers for his birthday or christmas might lose a limb.) But Ms. K and Ms. B said he did awesome and holds it correctly and actually colors where most of the kids barely scribble. SO yeah for my artistic kid. We didn't expect anything less right!!! When Mason and I came home today I told Gavin about it and he just replied with "....and?" like it was no big deal. He clearly expected the artistic & creative gene in one of our kids. He joked that Thing 2 might have some brains and none of our skills. Thats a scary thought!
Right after our family picture session last week, on Friday Mason fell on the playground at school and bumped his upper lip pretty hard on one of the steps- poor kid. It swelled up so big (we're talking his lip and part of his cheek part- gavin kept calling him 'Monkey Boy' because clearly he did look monkey-ish with the swelling! its gone down and has just a little bit of the bruise left...funny thing the bruising was right in his smile creases, so when hes not smiling, it looks kinda funny!

So enough of a novel- lots of things to keep us busy lately as usual! I'll have tons and tons of pix to post after the weekend! :-)


our cute puppy Trick or Treating
From November 2008


Maybe this costume wasn't the greatest ideas with it being 80 degrees out!
From November 2008


Halloween Festival at school- one of Mason's best buddies at school and his Mommy Heidi
From November 2008


Just after their parade, unsure of what was going on while Mommies chit chat...funny thing..those glasses were my 'costume' this year (cat) that day I forgot my regular sunglasses, so what did I wear driving around all day? I sure did get some funny looks!
From November 2008


Mason's costume was just a little too short and kept riding up. no more puffy costumes next year!
From November 2008


Struttin' in the parade.
From November 2008


Mason's other best buddy at school Mr. Jackson with the rest of the class behind
From November 2008


An afternoon with Daddy...when Mommy's not around its photo op time!
From November 2008


Ugh I LOVE this one! What a HUNK! is that not model material or what?!
From November 2008

No comments: