Today is Gavin's & my 4 year anniversary! I can't believe how the time has flown by! I know, I know I'll be saying that at 10 years and 20 years too! But our 4 years of weddedness (i think I made a new word!) has been fun! It hasn't always been easy, and we've had some rough times to work through, we've also had some amazing times as well. all in all, it's been a fun ride and I'm glad that I get to do it with Gavin.
This year we'll have been together for 9 years (we dated for almost 5 years before getting married) I still can't believe that I was only 18 when we started dating, and nearly 10 years later, here we still are! Thinking back on being 18 years old makes me feel SO OLD now. Okay, having gotten married, having bought 2 houses in the process, burying loved ones, traveled the world, AND making a huge addition to our family (Mason) makes me feel rediculously OLD. When did I become an adult??? Many of those things I couldn't have done without Gavin by my side. ....Okay definitely true with married and having a baby. ;-} I don't think anyone would let me marry myself. haha!
So what are our anniversary plans this year you ask?
Well, our first year the traditional gift was PAPER. So you know how wierd and creative I am right? Gotta think of different things to do! So I drove Gavin out to the Drive in Movie Theatre in Ennis, TX. We bought movie tickets. That was our 1 year anniversary gift.
2 year anniversary- Cotton. I was almost 5 months pregnant, so we bought baby clothes! Ironically, I wanted a girl, so I bought girl clothes. and yes, I had to take them all back when I found out 2 weeks later I was having a boy! I really do try to make things interesting for Gavin. ;-)
3 year anniversary- Leather. Mason was 6 months old and we were beat from working a hectic schedule and sleep deprived, so we just went on a date to the Imax (and watched a HORRIBLE movie-knocked up) so instead of doing anything really big, we paid off our leather couch set that we bought when we moved into our new house.
4 years. That brings us to Fruit or Flowers. Well, next month we're taking a parents only trip to California- which Gavin also calls the land of FRUITS AND NUTS. So there you go folks! ;-)
We're also working (okay still only have plans, no lumber yet) but we are wanting to build our new patio covering before the summer is over!)
Guess I need to come up with some yummy dinner idea for tonight, tomorrow night Mason is staying at Nana & Papaw's house and we're having a night OUT with our friends and sleeping IN on Saturday! I cannot wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you guys had a fabulous time! :)
Post a Comment