Monday, June 2, 2008

What did I do today?

My days at home are usually consumed with Mason, but for some reason I purposely consumed my day with him. Maybe it was things that was meaning to be done. This morning Mason & I headed to Hobby Lobby (great sales right now!) to buy some letters for his room that I could decoupage to hang on his wall. Then we headed next door to Once upon a child and I stocked up on some cute shorts for him- I think he's set with his 6 new pairs of shorts! Came home and put him down for his nap and had some Mommy time (well really it was work time). After his nap, we ate lunch, and while Mason played and destroyed the clean house, I did laundry, decoupaged his letters, rearranged some of his toys, cycled some out, organized his closet (again.) and rearranged his bedroom!! That was kind of bittersweet- we've had his room set up like that for almost 2 years now! it was the baby room/nursery! I decided when I bought his bedding originally and decorated his room, I wanted a theme (well one that I already loved!) and also one that I wouldn't redo after 2 years, something that he could have in a big boy room. We're not quite to the big boy room yet, but as far as I see it, we won't get rid of the Surf/Beach theme for quite some time!
His crib and changing table/dresser are still in there, but the chair is gone and the red 'mobile' decor is gone (I kinda miss it already!) I hung some new signs and ones that have needed to be hung for some time. I've ordered a surfboard from ebay to hang on one of the walls where his crib USED to be (since now that a blank wall!) and then his name letters will go on the other wall. So when its ALL done, i'll have to take some pictures! I also covered his window with some of Gavin's black framing paper (yes its ghetto, but I needed a QUICK fix!) but i'm SO tired of him waking up with the sun at 6:30 am!!

Here's a before: Pictures taken LAST year (april 2007)






Today: (pictures are not very good, the lens I had was a fixed lense and wouldnt zoom out- will get some when the room is finished!

okay so I thought I took more photos....LOL i guess that can just be a teaser! HAHA!

No comments: