Speaking of Super powers- Gavin is like my personal Indiana Jones. Okay, I know, I know Indiana Jones doesn't have super powers. And secondly, Indiana Jones doesnt like Snakes.
Onto my story. Yesterday was one of those days, just nothing going on. We were going to go to the Hurst Water Park, but then we just never went. So instead, we went into our pool. Yes, I know..."Why wouldn't you do that in the first place?" Well, I wanted to do something different, but then I procrastinated and didn't feel like it anymore. So Mason and I went out to the pool. Our pool pump broke over the weekend and Gavin was still waiting on another part to come in, so the pool was nice and quiet. Mason just wanted to walk around the pool and throw every leaf and twig into the pool. He thought Shelby jumping into the pool was much more entertaining than actually being in the pool. So the dog and I enjoyed the water. Something catches my eye and I turn and see an 8 ft snake swimming straight toward me. yes, okay not really. it was a foot long Garter snake and it was swimming away from me, but a snake is a snake and 18" is TOO close to me! So I scream and Gavin comes running out, grabs the big snake by the head and wrestles it to its death. (okay, he ever so gently scoops it up and releases it in the yard.) So much for my personal rescue by Indiana Jones. I don't scream when I'm scared, except when I see snakes.....okay and in haunted houses. But after my hollering episode with poor Mason standing nearby, I can tell you he SURE didn't want to go in the water after that! But who would when you've been swimming with the snakes? I had a case of the heebie jeebies all day after that!
Funny part of the story after all that, Mason walks over to the bush where our Hero(Daddy) released the big mean snake (small garter snake) back into the wild (suburbia) and shakes his finger and says, "No No." That's my little Indiana Jones. ;-}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are too funny! Yeah, I would have freaked out MAJOR and would have definitely exaggerated about the snake's size, too! Ha! At least we have our Indiana Jones' to rescue us. :)
Post a Comment