As Craig Ferguson says, "its a great day in America..." except for the McNosky's Family pool. Our beloved Bradford Pear tree split early Monday morning and fell into our pool. Ironically, just the day after Gavin gets a tree trimmer for Father's Day. I woke up at 5 am i heard a crash, it sounded like the cats knocked over a picture frame in the living room. i walked out there and nothing was out of order. I was walking back to the bedroom and as i glanced outside I saw a tree laying in the pool and on our patio table. I thought, "huh, that's funny, why is the tree on the table?" LOL Sadly, the branches have just gotten too heavy, and as Bradford Pear trees get older (ours is 20 years old) they get brittle and a GINORMOUS branch broke off. We lost another big limb last year in a wind storm, and a smaller branch this year. We're trying to save whats left of the tree, but there's not alot left. So Gavin and his dad are hard at work cutting it up and pulling it out of the pool. For such a huge limb snapping off and falling onto the patio table and into the pool, i'm surprised at how quiet a tree falling was.
Good bye you beautiful big tree you. Your tree huggin' shade lovin' owner will miss you. I'm sorry for your watery grave. We'll give you a proper burial in our fireplace this winter.



Men hard at work. Don't worry I took them some cold bottled water.

mmmm, tan sweaty shirtless hubby.
2 comments:
bradford pears are the worst! home builders plant them because they grow quickly and look nice, but they get SO top heavy that they just snap in two! we had one that fell on our electrical line and knock us off for a while! We finally had to get it dug up and removed from our back yard. Eventually we'll need to tackle the other one.
Wow! That's crazy! At least nothing else was damaged and no one was hurt or anything...yikes!
Post a Comment